[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
We've clearly dominated them buy also lots of silly mistakes leading up to that one. Quite a few misplaced passes or sleeping in possession. Especially Moises.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sanchez will now make a world class save. But yes, he costs us so many points and we probably need to improve on him. Cheers Bob, not that we didn’t expect you to do this today…

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just got to get the composure back again.

Far too open at the moment.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Sanchez is not a top goalkeeper , flaps constantly at crosses
That's rubbish.
He made a bad mistake. All goalkeepers do and he's young and maybe prone to more than fair share as result. But he's usually strong in the air. That just looked blasé to me. He thought he had it and maybe already thinking about distribution.
Horrible for the lad.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We've clearly dominated them buy also lots of silly mistakes leading up to that one. Quite a few misplaced passes or sleeping in possession. Especially Moises.
Nicely rounded off by Sanchez to complete the epic own goal in all but name that we’re always good for against Palace.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's big enough to be confident at crosses and reasonably sure that nobody is going to batter him, but he has always had this in him. I wonder if Roberto might give Steele a chance at some point?
There’s a thread where he’s talked about as a £50m-£60m CL keeper.

He’s much improved, but he’s not a CL keeper.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Had he actually touched the ball with his hands all game??
Absolutely useless. Should get docked wages for that. Disgrace

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Sanchez was thinking about what to do with the ball before he actually caught it. Leading up to that goal though Fergie dives trying to win a foul and Webster fouls Mateta when there was no need. I thought ti myself though there was a chance we'd concede as we're soft at the back. Gives us a chance to get a winner as Palace sit back happy with s hitty point.

Good idea brining on Lamptey. Get the impetus back. Come one!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
That's rubbish.
He made a bad mistake. All goalkeepers do and he's young and maybe prone to more than fair share as result. But he's usually strong in the air. That just looked blasé to me. He thought he had it and maybe already thinking about distribution.
Horrible for the lad.
He’ll be 26 this year, he’s not straight out the u18s

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's rubbish.
Horrible for the lad.
Rose tints. He’s very good, as said, he’ll now make a worldly. But he makes a lot of howlers for a top class keeper there’s no doubt about that. And often gets punished for. Let’s hope he doesn’t have an encore.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A costly error by Sanchez but against the run of play - just hope he doesn’t go into one of his post-error moods - we could still pull one back - come on lads

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Is that why Palace watered the pitch so much? To make the ball wet?
My father always told me to keep my balls dry.

There is a big Palace boobie, not King Charles, coming for an Albion winner----Mitoma!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports