Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace v Watford - your predictions

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
As we're one day away from the big day, I want to gauge NSC's thoughts for the outcome.
This is for what you think will be the result NOT what you hope !
Me personally, I think we might just sneak it, but it will be very close.
Over to you lot.

Start with Za ha ha ha ha and Bollaxsie and you lot will walk it

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think it could very well depend on the referee today.
A strong one and you could see early yellow's for both Elbows Jedinak and Stroppy Zaha, with possibly Jedinak walking early into the second half.
If this happens then an easy win for Watford. A let anything go ref and a possible 1-0 to Palace.

Palace 2 Watford 1

I'm convinced this is their year. Relegation favorites at the start of the season, utter turmoil when Freedman left, battered at ours, almost slipped out of the Play offs, beat us at ours.

The stars are aligned for them I think.

God I hope I'm wrong.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A small part of me would be fascinated to see Palace do it, because they really are such an average side at this level, they would get smashed week in, week out in the Premier League.

I completely accept that this can only ever come across as tinged with bitterness as a result of the play off semi, but I am genuinely trying to consider this subjectively. Their only stand out players are Murray, who won't play until Christmas, and Zaha, who will be entertaining fans at Man United reserve games by August. Can you honestly imagine their centre halves in the PL? Ramage is weak even at Championship level. McCarthy is a carthorse. Delaney has already been cast aside from PL clubs, and Gabbidon is way past it. Parr was simply hilarious in the March game at the Amex, & Ward is no more than Championship level.

Midfield-wise, Williams has a lot of potential, to question, but he can't do it on his own, and however good a season Jedinak has had, I can't see him setting the PL alight. The rest are no more than Championship journeymen. And don't even get me started on Wilbraham up front :lolol:

Much as everyone wants to get promoted and enjoy the celebrations, Palace fans would be absolutely cacking it about next season, once the party had died down. So in a perverse way, it would be amusing if they went up (though the ten weeks before the thrashings started would be tedious in the extreme).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace 2 Watford 1

I'm convinced this is their year. Relegation favorites at the start of the season, utter turmoil when Freedman left, battered at ours, almost slipped out of the Play offs, beat us at ours.

The stars are aligned for them I think.

God I hope I'm wrong.

Crystal Palace always seem to find yet another way of hacking me off.

For this reason alone, they are bound to win.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
As we're one day away from the big day, I want to gauge NSC's thoughts for the outcome.
This is for what you think will be the result NOT what you hope !
Me personally, I think we might just sneak it, but it will be very close.
Over to you lot.

How will you feel if you don't?
I have had a look on BBS and a lot of fans giving it the big one, "Oh I don't care if we lose I am going to have a good day out"
I think this statement if a true fan, is all b*llox and I think the hurt that kicks in when you have lost such an important game is horrendous.
I have been to four BHA finals and the emotion is oh so different win, lose or draw. I was on cloud nine with winning against Bristol City. I had a good day out as your fans are talking about when we drew with Man United. But losing the replay and losing to Notts County ranked with the most painful days of being a Brighton fan.
Do I need to tell you what I hope for all your fans tomorrow?:ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I cannot use any logic to predict a reasonable result. My heart says I want Palace to be smashed to smithereens or at least to be totally humiliated (I would accept the latter).

I predict 60k plastics will show up with balloons and foam fingers.

Whoever wins will get regular attendances of about 22k next season , mostly made up of away fans, and the loser will slump well down the Championship and average about 13k - 15k.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Player for player it's no contest.

I think only Zaha and maybe Speroni could get into this Watford team.

Watford are superior all over the pitch. And have a far, far more tactically astute manager.

Only thing which worries me is how inexperienced Watford are and the big day might be too much for them.

But all things being equal, Watford should win comfortably.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Player for player it's no contest.

I think only Zaha and maybe Speroni could get into this Watford team.

Watford are superior all over the pitch. And have a far, far more tactically astute manager.

I think a lot on here (myself included) thought that about the semi final :down:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I think a lot on here (myself included) thought that about the semi final :down:

Yeah, but I don't think Palace won because they are/were the better team.

They won because Brighton just didn't show up for whatever reason in the second leg.

Hoping Watford don't go AWOL in the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here