Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Ultras rebranded

D

Deleted member 22389

Shove you in the rotting stand you deserve charge you £30 a pop and watch as you all run home crying after you fail to beat us again.
Millwall hate us you hate us Charlton hate us, I love it must be doing something right .
Where as you?Nobody cares other than us ,middle class fans with song sheets but still sing only one song.

Doing it right is about creating a friendly family atmosphere instead of worrying that your going to get your head mashed in. The problem you have is that all the time you are hated, there are many supporters that don't really want to go your ground. This is bad for you in the long term because it effects your revenue, which then effects your ability to buy in new players. Long gone are the days where clubs can survive on a few thousand hardcore supporters.

That's the difference between us and you. We are now light years ahead as regards facilities, and providing a nice modern football experience for home and away supporters.

Take the piss as much as you like about our support, but It's no surprise many of these top class players want to come to Brighton and have shunned offers from higher clubs. The facilities are premiership quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You've gotta feel sorry for the Palace fans really.

It must be awful supporting their team
at the mo.
This strange little idea aside, they seem to be loving their football at the moment. They say the last couple of games have been brilliant, they're playing more interesting attacking football and think they'll beat a lot of good teams this year. They'll argue it's a good time to be a Palace fan right now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How will we ever get to know the true attendance at Selhurst ?

Now we've got to deduct fecking "gamemakers" from their figures :annoyed:
It's not just them, all teams were doing it so now we've started it too. It's a farce. If you look at the 'history' books, they show the sold/given away tickets for some clubs, but the actual attendances for others, so you can't accurately look back and compare attendances. But in answer to your question, they read out the actual attendances at Selhurst, and then destroy the information.

D

Deleted member 22389

This strange little idea aside, they seem to be loving their football at the moment. They say the last couple of games have been brilliant, they're playing more interesting attacking football and think they'll beat a lot of good teams this year. They'll argue it's a good time to be a Palace fan right now.

Thing is Palace are only witnessing Championship quality, where as we are witnessing a team with premiership quality.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
shame glenn Murray didn't think the same
He did. But Gus wouldn't offer him as much money.

Thing is Palace are only witnessing Championship quality, where as we are witnessing a team with premiership quality.
No doubt we're enjoying better football than they are, but that's not relevant to them. They've not been enjoying their football for a few years, and they think it's got better, so they are enjoying it now.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Doing it right is about creating a friendly family atmosphere instead of worrying that your going to get your head mashed in. The problem you have is that all the time you are hated, there are many supporters that don't really want to go your ground. This is bad for you in the long term because it effects your revenue, which then effects your ability to buy in new players. Long gone are the days where clubs can survive on a few thousand hardcore supporters.

That's the difference between us and you. We are now light years ahead as regards facilities, and providing a nice modern football experience for home and away supporters.

Take the piss as much as you like about our support, but It's no surprise many of these top class players want to come to Brighton and have shunned offers from higher clubs. The facilities are premiership quality.

I'd agree with some of your post you are right about a modern experience at home games draws more supporters I'd say our training ground and academy are both better however that does not bring punters in the through the gate.
I'd say away supporters come whatever really they are the hardcore and will always be there unless its a local derby or the team is top of the league etc when a few more turnup than usual.
Our gates are down slightly from normal that's a Knock on from last years s-ite football ,this years a different story the football is good and we are scoring goals the few thousand we are down will be back if it continues.
On a plus side the atmosphere in the Holmesdale is better than ever you can say what you like about our ground I love it ,yeah it needs rebuilding but I'm glad we are staying put.
Without uncle Tonys millions where would you lot be?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I'd say away supporters come whatever really they are the hardcore and will always be there unless its a local derby or the team is top of the league etc when a few more turnup than usual.
Our gates are down slightly from normal that's a Knock on from last years s-ite football ,this years a different story the football is good and we are scoring goals the few thousand we are down will be back if it continues.

... and you call us plastic:glare:

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
... and you call us plastic:glare:
You are tho , we are a few thousand down on our average and that's about our support 12 to 15 thousand I'm proud that most of those are definitely not plastic .
It's been that way for a good few years since Wright/Bright and Coppell ,of course a few more Come out when we are playoff chasing(Plastics) I'd prefer it if they stayed away, you can only measure your support when you have been crap for a few years.
I'd prefer the floaters turn up when we needed them.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You are tho , we are a few thousand down on our average and that's about our support 12 to 15 thousand I'm proud that most of those are definitely not plastic .
It's been that way for a good few years since Wright/Bright and Coppell ,of course a few more Come out when we are playoff chasing(Plastics) I'd prefer it if they stayed away, you can only measure your support when you have been crap for a few years.
There were less than 10K Palace on Saturday for a decent fixture on a nice day when you are supposedly playing great football in the second tier...? I'd like to see how many of the "12-15 thousand" hardcore you have left after a few years of real shit...!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On thing I noticed reading that thread on BBS was that there was a genuine feeling that Palace were playing exciting, attacking football at the moment. Potentially, they might be in for a more successful season than any of us thought. Just something to keep in mind...

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton

The fact that you would rather the "plastics" stay away is saying something. Surely the more money the club makes the better? With the possible outcome that they might actually enjoy their visit to Selhurst (God knows how, but hey, they might) and might come back again?

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
There were less than 10K Palace on Saturday for a decent fixture on a nice day when you are supposedly playing great football in the second tier...? I'd like to see how many of the "12-15 thousand" hardcore you have left after a few years of real shit...!

Where you not struggling to sell 7,000 in the 2nd tier?
Cardiff had about 1,500 our gate was crap Saturday had more against Forest on Tuesday night.
We do have Arsenal spurs Chelsea west ham the Knuckledraggers and clowns on our doorstep.
Who do you have Bognor and Lewes to compete with?

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
The fact that you would rather the "plastics" stay away is saying something. Surely the more money the club makes the better? With the possible outcome that they might actually enjoy their visit to Selhurst (God knows how, but hey, they might) and might come back again?

Thats my opinion not the clubs .

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
On thing I noticed reading that thread on BBS was that there was a genuine feeling that Palace were playing exciting, attacking football at the moment. Potentially, they might be in for a more successful season than any of us thought. Just something to keep in mind...

3-4 games ago they were calling for the manager's head, and the excuse for fans staying away was because of the dull football being played. Crystal Bi-Polar would be a more apt name for them at the moment.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Where you not struggling to sell 7,000 in the 2nd tier?
Cardiff had about 1,500 our gate was crap Saturday had more against Forest on Tuesday night.
We do have Arsenal spurs Chelsea west ham the Knuckledraggers and clowns on our doorstep.
Who do you have Bognor and Lewes to compete with?

:lolol:

North London is on Surrey's doorstep is it? Oh my! Charlton and Millwall I'll give you. Arsenal and Spurs? Hilarious.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
On a plus side the atmosphere in the Holmesdale is better than ever you can say what you like about our ground I love it ,yeah it needs rebuilding but I'm glad we are staying put.

If you call a couple of 10 year olds banging drums and waving flags an atmosphere then fair play to you. Most supporters want a proper noise rather than that drone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here