[Football] Crystal Palace sell £87.5m stake to US businessman

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dup..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
new chap's money seems to be from one thing, Fubo TV, so wealth will change in relation to their stock price. doesnt look like someone with free cash to pile in.

apparently a month or so back he was trying to buy in to Benfica. im sure he developed an affinity for their history, and of course fans too :ffsparr:

seems his PR is behind the curve, message to Benfica fans. expect one for Palace later ? :lolol:

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
"I have looked at many opportunities across European football in which to invest so I could follow my passion for football and have a meaningful stake in a club,” said Textor.

Who made his fortune through the hologram company Facebank, which has merged with FuboTV. “Over the past six months of discussions, I have also developed a real affinity to Crystal Palace FC, its history, the staff and, of course, most importantly the supporters"

"The Investment will help build the squad, academy and new stand"

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

It's history!! :facepalm::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That wouldn't have taken long.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
new chap's money seems to be from one thing, Fubo TV, so wealth will change in relation to their stock price. doesnt look like someone with free cash to pile in.

apparently a month or so back he was trying to buy in to Benfica. im sure he love their history, and of course fans too :ffsparr:

Having recently watched both the Al Jazeera doc and Ozark I'm very suspicious of all new football investment.

Pretty sure this is just a front for the Navarro Cartel.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Have they resolved their issue with Sainsbury's yet to allow them to actually start building the new stand which when completed will look good in League One

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Fundamentally you just look at it and think what is going on. The advantage of having one owner funding the whole shooting match is no in house politics. Bloom has recruited excellent people to run the club day to day but he calls the shots and funds appropriately. Must be a nightmare for Parish to bring that assortment of funders together to agree on strategy. no one would ever want to be one of 5+ minority shareholders in any company. It's textbook doomed to fail territory.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
"Over the past six months of discussions I have also developed a real affinity to Crystal Palace, its history, the staff and, of course, most importantly the supporters who create an incredible atmosphere at every game - one I cannot wait to witness again when supporters return to fill Selhurst Park this season."

When exactly would he have experienced this "incredible atmosphere at every game" over the last 6 months then ?

Just another dodgy spiv to add to the collection.

I think it is possible to gain an affinity to something in 6 months. Because on the oppposite end of the spectrum I've developed a genuine dislike for this guy in the space of about 6 minutes.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fundamentally you just look at it and think what is going on. The advantage of having one owner funding the whole shooting match is no in house politics. Bloom has recruited excellent people to run the club day to day but he calls the shots and funds appropriately. Must be a nightmare for Parish to bring that assortment of funders together to agree on strategy. no one would ever want to be one of 5+ minority shareholders in any company. It's textbook doomed to fail territory.

Tbh what is going on is quite obvious.
Palace desperately need a cash injection to cover crippling debts, that will see them back in administration and ruin his saviour narrative.

No idea what the yanks get out of this though.
I'm sticking with my new Ozark explanation. It's the only one that makes sense.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

apparently a month or so back he was trying to buy in to Benfica. im sure he developed an affinity for their history, and of course fans too :ffsparr:

seems his PR is behind the curve, message to Benfica fans. expect one for Palace later ? :lolol:

command + a
command + c
command + v
shift + command + h

Replace Benfica for CPFC

Easy.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Have they resolved their issue with Sainsbury's yet to allow them to actually start building the new stand which when completed will look good in League One

According to my Palace mate and to
Be fair he hates Parish, states the Sainsbury’s block is a red herring as it's not a huge amount of money they want, but are using that as an excuse to avoid starting the project as they have no money (there has never been any ring fence money). Maybe this deal Will help the funding of the stand now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
If Palace’s debts of £61.1M are “crippling”, how would you describe Brighton’s debt of £67.2M?

Debt that is unsecured and one that the chairman will turn into shares as he has done previously. It is debt in name only.

Is this the same situation for palace? No, I thought not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If Palace’s debts of £61.1M are “crippling”, how would you describe Brighton’s debt of £67.2M?

I know it's difficult to stop yourself resorting to whataboutery, but the 2 situations are very different

We have an owner who can and will cover it. You didn't.
Hopefully your yank has deep pockets and isn't hoping to turn a profit.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
According to my Palace mate and to
Be fair he hates Parish, states the Sainsbury’s block is a red herring as it's not a huge amount of money they want, but are using that as an excuse to avoid starting the project as they have no money (there has never been any ring fence money). Maybe this deal Will help the funding of the stand now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would a Palace fan hate a chairman who has looked after a club in its most successful period of 9 seasons in the top flight...weird !

There is a strip of land that Sainsburys want silly money for and the club are not prepared to be ransomed over it...it quite a common thing in property circles, Brightons own Nicholas van Hoogstraten used it to make his millions

What you have got to remember is that not every club has a multi millionaire prepared to bankroll a club and most have to look for other investments, its not always a bad thing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Very interesting 'business history' of this investor....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why would a Palace fan hate a chairman who has looked after a club in its most successful period of 9 seasons in the top flight...weird !

There is a strip of land that Sainsburys want silly money for and the club are not prepared to be ransomed over it...it quite a common thing in property circles, Brightons own Nicholas van Hoogstraten used it to make his millions

What you have got to remember is that not every club has a multi millionaire prepared to bankroll a club and most have to look for other investments, its not always a bad thing.

We totally get that.
Trust me we are very much aware how big an advantage we have over you in that regard.
It's just the trolls who come on here and try to pretend that your financial situation is the same as ours, that triggers the debate.

In regards to why a Palace fan may not appreciate your chairman, it could be because he has consistently gambled your future by paying more than he can afford, in order to stay in the Premier league.
He has kept it going for 9 years, but my guess is, if the wheels ever do come off, there will be a different view on the last 10 years, by more than just 1 palace fan.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Ah comparing Sainsbury’s to NVH lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here