Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace planning double raid on rivals Brighton (Merged Thread)

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
If they want to pay daft money for KLL, then fine. Towards the end of last season and what I've seen this season, he's looked lethargic at times and doesn't skin and beat his marker as often as he used to. The old 'spark' is lacking.

Whatever, neither player is Premier League standard.

albionite

May 20, 2009
They can have Barnes if they pay the right price with a sell on clause, not his biggest fan but he does have potential.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Crystal Palace planning double raid on rivals Brighton

We only have TWO fit non-rookie strikers. Barnes is going nowhere unless we sign another first.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if we sold them KLL though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not convinced either are good enough for the championship, let alone the Prem. Id be very disappointed if there was any truth in this. But as its from Talksport Im not too concerned.

Err good enough for a team that finished ABOVE yours last season. Bizarre logic.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
KLL .....2m
Barnes .......3.5m
in other word its a no for both
I would be surpised if there is a million for either on the table, if this story is true. KLL is a great impact player for us, please stay sir ( although it may fit with the twitter comment he made yesterday),..... AB?,... well,... if we get 750k for him,... snap their hand off.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Other way round for me KLL is a one trick pony where as Barnes has more to offer. i'd be happy if we offloaded KLL and in fact i'd be surprised if he was here on the 3rd of Sept.

KLL when he got a run of games just after Christmas was very good, and scored some good goals, still a good impact player to come off the bench. and with Buckley only playing when fit which seems to be rare, we need that natural winger IMHO. Barnes, well we can do better in that position again IMHO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're they regular starters? Can only go on what I saw, and they are both shit. Wouldn't want them even if we were still in the Championship.

Zzzz. Barnes is a fairly regular starter, and certainly isn't shit at Championship level. LuaLua has raw talent but end product is variable, rather like that wiggly leg bloke you had who liked to fall over.

I'm not convinced either are good enough for the championship, let alone the Prem. Id be very disappointed if there was any truth in this. But as its from Talksport Im not too concerned.

So if there is any truth, you feel your knowledge of football is better than your gimp of a manager, not a great endorsement of his ability there.

But it is Talksport as you say so it probably is just a bit of stirring.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Other way round for me KLL is a one trick pony where as Barnes has more to offer. i'd be happy if we offloaded KLL and in fact i'd be surprised if he was here on the 3rd of Sept.

I know what you mean about KLL being a one-trick pony but it does work a large part of the time unlike Nathan Jones's "trick". I suspect he'd improve in the premiership. Barnes won't be going anywhere until we have another striker or CMS back fit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Barnes is a comfortably better, more rounded, more valuable player than Kaz.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We're they regular starters? Can only go on what I saw, and they are both shit. Wouldn't want them even if we were still in the Championship.

Would that be the same shit LuaLua that Wurzel was so relieved didn't start in the play offs? Neither him or Barnes are good enough for the prem, though that shouldn't worry Palace as they're recent buys suggest their already planning for 2014/15 in the championship.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Zzzz. Barnes is a fairly regular starter, and certainly isn't shit at Championship level. LuaLua has raw talent but end product is variable, rather like that wiggly leg bloke you had who liked to fall over.

You're comparing LuaLua to England international and Manchester United player Wilfred Zaha?

Behave. He's shit. Every time I've seen him he's been shit. We had plenty of boasting from Brighton fans on the BBS about how he was going to "get us" and he's been absolute pony.

Barnes looks like a League 1 workhorse.

I'd be desperately disappointed if we signed either. But if they're that good as you claim you'll be equally delighted to keep them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You're comparing LuaLua to England international and Manchester United player Wilfred Zaha?

Behave. He's shit. Every time I've seen him he's been shit. We had plenty of boasting from Brighton fans on the BBS about how he was going to "get us" and he's been absolute pony.

I'd be desperately disappointed if we signed either. But if they're that good as you claim you'll be equally delighted to keep them.

Obvious troll. Boring.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think Barnes would 'do a job' in the premier league, he's compfortably better than KLL. Not sure that KLL is good enough for the Championship myself TBH.

Oct 25, 2003

lualua was brilliant in the 3-0 win...did you go?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Didn't KLL rip palace a new one when we beat them 3-0? Why I was annoyed Gus had him on bench in play offs.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Would that be the same shit LuaLua that Wurzel was so relieved didn't start in the play offs? Neither him or Barnes are good enough for the prem, though that shouldn't worry Palace as they're recent buys suggest their already planning for 2014/15 in the championship.

I don't mind planning for the 2014/15 season in the Championship, since I think we're going down, but I wouldn't want LuaLua or Barnes to be in those plans. They're toilet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here