Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Did you expect all their players to be signed by other clubs, and the administrator to have walked away, plus all the liquidation paperwork to have been filled out, in the space of 60 seconds then?

???

they've had 5 mins now... what are they up to?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Getting rumours that are good and bad at the moment. :(

SSN are saying the administrators are saying "Significant progress has been made in efforts to save the club"

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
SSN are saying the administrators are saying "Significant progress has been made in efforts to save the club"

So, I'd imagine they'll get a 2 week extension or similar?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did you expect all their players to be signed by other clubs, and the administrator to have walked away, plus all the liquidation paperwork to have been filled out, in the space of 60 seconds then?

???

No, I don't expect anything dramatic at all to happen.

I expect the CPFC 2010 people to carry on with their bid, having had their amateur dramatics over the ground fully exposed for the bluff which they so obviously are.

I expect Crystal Palace FC to carry on trading, maybe with the sale of a few players - such is life.

I think this whole "deadline" thing is an utter sham, blatantly designed to whip up the fans into a frenzy and perhaps generate a few more interested parties.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So, I'd imagine they'll get a 2 week extension or similar?

Obviously we won't find out much all the while the rumour wankfest surrounding England is going on.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
They either need to sell a player (Ambrose) or have an injection of funds from CPFC2010 or not pay the overdue wages.

A delay/extension won't change this.

PG

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
You mean it's gone past 3pm and Crystal Palace still exist? It's a miracle!! Whoever would have guessed they would live to see 3.01pm today still with a club in place.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
In other news...

Pope seen taking communion.

Bears believed to use wooded areas to defecate, scientists say. :)

Indeed.

Apologies, but I suspect not all Brighton fans know the minutiae of your predicament. Appreciate its life and death to you, but this is a Brighton board.

PG

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I expect the CPFC 2010 people to carry on with their bid, having had their amateur dramatics over the ground fully exposed for the bluff which they so obviously are.

I expect Crystal Palace FC to carry on trading, maybe with the sale of a few players - such is life.

I think this whole "deadline" thing is an utter sham, blatantly designed to whip up the fans into a frenzy and perhaps generate a few more interested parties.

:clap::clap: Very accurate assessment.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I haven't read much of this thread, but wasn't it a self-imposed deadline anyway? I don't know of any pending High Court hearing at 3pm regarding their winding-up. As such, it always seemed to be a ridiculous farce today.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Deadline extended till 4pm, apparently...

Just like the england squad announcement, you don't think thy're trying to lessen the negative reaction by hiding it in the news cycle, do you? I think the news of a championship club going into liquidation should trump the squad announcement for news agencies, given that there's another ten days in which we can discuss and analyse thge squad before it even becomes relevant. The collapse of a club is much bigger news.

Or it could be that a deal is nearly done and they just need another hour to cross the 'T's and dot the... lower case 'J's

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Apologies, but I suspect not all Brighton fans know the minutiae of your predicament.

from what i gather, not all Palarse fans know or understand the detail of their predicament, with a good deal of denial and expectatio it'll all blow over. i suppose hving been there before a few yaers ago and nothing happen, they dont expect much this time round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here