Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
The main difference here seems to be, we sold our players (i.e. Beeney) and ground to stave off Admin.

Two consecutive Palace chairmen seem to have run headlong into Admin through complete excessive overspending, and yet still they play in their own ground (rented back I agree, but zoned for football by the Local Authority) and have never dropped out of the 2nd tier, infact, thay have been in the Premiership twice, with tha parachute payments that involves. We had ITV digital cut anything we were likely to get, just before we got promoted....

Sympathy with the supporters, yes. But equally with all the clubs that have either been denied promotion or relegated ahead of Palace.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No it's not right for a football club to, but why should football clubs have to be liquidised as soon as they have money difficulties, when other companies have the offer of administration?

you seem uninformed of the situation and process. you *are* in administration, which means the aministrator comes in to run the business as a going concern and find a seller. if this is unsucessfull, you move to liquidation, where everything it sold and preparations made to wind up the company. most likely someone will come in at this stage and offer £1 for the clubs league share and any players remaining after the firesale of anyone good. you'll still have a club, a squad of youth teamers and few old squad members and if you can get enough season tickets in to fund it, be able to lease the ground for another year.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
and if you can get enough season tickets in to fund it, be able to lease the ground for another year.

Haven't they already spent the coming season's ST money? I think I've seen that mentioned a few times.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Haven't they already spent the coming season's ST money? I think I've seen that mentioned a few times.

well then they are f***ed as they wouldnt have been able to continue. i dont they sold all ST though, just the early birds.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
well then they are f***ed as they wouldnt have been able to continue. i dont they sold all ST though, just the early birds.

I'm not 100% certain but I'm sure one of their lot will tell us.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
ronnoadesmum.com have learned that there will be an announcement made at 3pm from the steps of Lloyds HQ.

Don't know if that's good or bad.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ronnoadesmum.com have learned that there will be an announcement made at 3pm from the steps of Lloyds HQ.

Don't know if that's good or bad.

Sounds like you may have escaped, let the piss taking begin !

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
From the beeb.

"Here's the latest quote from Brendan Guilfoyle, the administrator put in charge of the Eagles in January: "I've already made the calls [to other clubs]. What I'll actually do after the [1500 BST] deadline is start selling players. The enquiries are out, offers have been received. There are a number of players who have value but once they're sold and if no-one else comes in then I'll have to resign, walk away and then the liquidation process will re-start."

Unless we hear different, the Palace Club Shop will be open for business in just a minute.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Rumours that talks have broken down - I hope they are not true...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Rumours that talks have broken down - I hope they are not true...

That would be terrible news for Palace fans... something always crops up to save clubs at this stage.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well it's 1501 on my computer. I take it they've been liquidated?

No? What an enormous surprise :rolleyes:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Surely they wouldn't announce liquidation on the steps of the bank, there'd be a riot (or at least a burning caravan barricade).

You'll be ok.

PG

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd imagine they will announce an extension..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well it's 1501 on my computer. I take it they've been liquidated?

No? What an enormous surprise :rolleyes:
Did you expect all their players to be signed by other clubs, and the administrator to have walked away, plus all the liquidation paperwork to have been filled out, in the space of 60 seconds then?

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here