Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Staying up was equally as important. Because one of the clubs assets is its Championship status

Is it one of the clubs assets or is it another clubs asset that CPFC have taken by spending money they don't have and by potentially going bust in order to avoid having to pay the price for that "asset"? Just asking. Certainly Portsmouth have an FA Cup that was paid for by creditors and they stole a Prem place from another club by doing the same. Don't know the CPFC position so well - but seems the fans are happy enough to enjoy the benefits of the lack of prudence but then become 'poor fans' when the shit hits the fan.

Don't want to see Palace go bust but surely somewhere there needs to be a line drawn - a marker put down.

[And I don't buy this 'doing nothing is part of our plan' crap. From the outside it has looked apathetic]

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Is it one of the clubs assets or is it another clubs asset that CPFC have taken by spending money they don't have and by potentially going bust in order to avoid having to pay the price for that "asset"? Just asking. Certainly Portsmouth have an FA Cup that was paid for by creditors and they stole a Prem place from another club by doing the same. Don't know the CPFC position so well - but seems the fans are happy enough to enjoy the benefits of the lack of prudence but then become 'poor fans' when the shit hits the fan.

Don't want to see Palace go bust but surely somewhere there needs to be a line drawn - a marker put down.

[And I don't buy this 'doing nothing is part of our plan' crap. From the outside it has looked apathetic]

spot on. I was trying to recal why it was ok to hate Chesterfield for what they had done but if we don't support palace we aren't proper fans. Of course there are differences and if palace were in the shit from dodgy ownership/management then I would be interested and supportive.

However, I don't feel that this is the case. They have gambled twice for the big time and are upset that it hasn't worked out.

I would be equally upset and requesting help and support from others if the same happened with Brighton (or went on to happen) BUT enough is enough. A line really does need to be drawn.

Palace fans will understand that it is about supporting your team, wherever they play and at whatever level they play at. They will survive and grow strong again in the (unlikely event that they aren't miraculously saved. Just look at afc Wimbledon.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I can take most of the banter on here, but I cant take being patronised about we haven't done enough....

I remember clowntown fans telling us they formed a political party, well proud of it they were. And were advising us to do the same. But our council backs us, they are on our side - and they did what they needed to do when they needed to do it -no two circumstances are the same.

We haven't been dealing with anybody face to face, no names, and host of different entites. Lloyds, Bank Of Scotland, PWC, Agilo... Most of all we have a consortium who have spent a good few months now discussing all the different parts of the takeover. The consortium speaks to only the administrator in person. It's been in the delicate stages now for the past month. The important part was ensuring the club stayed up, and the fans were asked to concentrate on that. That being achieved we now have moved our attention to end game. The consortium have been keen to ensure the fans have been kept out the way so they can get through the delicate stages, and the fans have been on alert. There was a protest being planned for today, only to get a bit more press coverage, but the cosortium decided to make the statement when they did for maximum impact. It was a call to the fans to get involved, and now we are.

I could tell you what Palace fans achieved back when we were first in Admin, but I'd only sound patronising.

Laugh at 1000 people turning up at the ground at short notice if you want. Whatever flicks your switch. As for the song, it's spreading around the football league like wildfire, about 8 championship clubs now sing it since playing us. You'll find yourself humming it at work eventually.

Bloody hell! Charlton waged a fantastic campaign to save their club and should be applauded for it. There were lessons to be learnt from them; Brighton fans took some of what was good and developed it to fight an equally impressive campaign.

I find it incredulous that you are pleading for support from your main rivals while ignoring, and mocking, the fantastic campaign of another. Do you not see the irony?

Palace could have raised the profile and campaigned as others have done way before this stage. Administrators, chairman, ceo's etc will say what suits them. There are many many examples; I cannot believe how laid back you've been through this, noades keeping your ground from you and the previous administration. It's almost like you expect others to save your club for you. I really don't understand!

Last edited:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Bloody hell! Charlton waged a fantastic campaign to save their club and should be applauded for it. There were lessons to be learnt from them; Brighton fans took some of what was good and developed it to fight an equally impressive campaign.

I find it incredulous that you are pleading for support from your main rivals while ignoring, and mocking, the fantastic campaign of another. Do you not see the irony?

Palace could have raised the profile and campaigned as others have done way before this stage. Administrators, chairman, ceo's etc will say what suits them. There are many many examples; I cannot believe how laid back you've been through this, noades keeping your ground from you and the previous administration. It's almost like you expect others to save your club for you. I really don't understand!

top post

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Like most people I have little sympathy for clubs who spend money they don't have however as I keep saying, Palace fans have been kept in the dark about the seriousness of their position thanks to the fact that the Administrator has been saying right up until last week that things were going along okay and he was optimistic. Granted both we and Charlton amongst others did a lot to save our clubs but we also were well aware of our predicament were as Palace have only really just found out.

I'm sure that they would have done a lot more had they not clearly been misled about their situation.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
I'm not shouting and I've not called anyone pathetic. I will call you unbelievably naive, though to think that raising the profile of your club's plight hasn't been at the top of your agenda.

As for your mass demo. - Hate to say it, but the whole thing is a bit Mickey Mouse. Not my words, one of your fellow fans

CPFC BBS - View Single Post - CPFC2010 Statement

Yes, someone who was in California at the time of the protest really is an authority on what the protest was like :facepalm:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't criticising the efforts of Palace fans now kinda like criticising the effort of people involved in REMF on the day of the match? What purpose does it serve? If they haven't acted as well as you should criticising them now does nothing except divert attention from the more urgent issue of saving the club.

Get today out of the way, or if there is simply a new deadline given today, wait until the whole thing is over and then reflect/highlight the flaws for other clubs to learn from for future cases.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Where has it ever been claimed that there were 150 there? The answer is never by the way...

Except the answer isn't 'never', the answer was "at the time, on sky sports news"

Sky say around 150 fans inside the ground

You lot don't get it do you.Who the f*** should we have demonstrated against.As for the 150 that is how many got through the gates after breaking the lock before the police put a line in front.There was at least 6-700 there.

Oh dear :facepalm:

150 people broke into the ground. Over 1000 attended the demo. You should probably get your facts right before shouting about how pathetic we are on a message board. As for too little too late, that's because we've been kept completely in the dark over this whole thing. We've had little idea over who's to blame, who's a part of this consortium or what's hindering the takeover. Today was the first time we actually gained any idea of what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyvFhXqNd0M

Over a 1000 there. Considering it was organised over 24 hours and not in any papers, that's not too bad.

Will be more there Saturday whether good news or bad. We either party or we smash the place up. Simples.

Sky claiming 150 in the ground.

It was nearer 400 in the ground with at least 6-700 not allowed in when the polizia finally realised.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It is never. There were 150 people inside the ground, not 150 people at the protest. I repeat, it has never been claimed that the number of people at the demo totalled 150.

:US:

Sky sports reported it was 150. That number was then used on here as a starting figure. It has since been explained that those were just in the ground, and more were there, and other estimates made it higher. But to suggest it was never claimed that it was 150 people is just wrong. It was claimed, albeit based on a misunderstanding.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Why do they expect to be able to pay pence in the pound of their debt? The club has done wrong. Sure it's not the supporters, but if the club is to be saved the club must pay somehow.

Sell their players and receive pence in the pound for them! It still lowers the wage bill as well.
Play the games for the Championship tele and sponsorship money. Sure you'll be playing mainly youth players and loose most games, some of them might be shining lights and be either sold for big profit or be the next generation of league one playes for your club, enabling you to get back to your natural level around the championship in years to come.
Sell out your ground each game next season by pricing tickets at say a quarter current! You would surely struggle to fill the ground after the first few matches playing like this for a year, but might get a load of kids coming who get hooked. People will still buy burgers and drinks if you price tickets low.
Have fans consorteum invest money into the club without buing it outright? Not sure this one would work but why does there have to be an owner, or the club owne by fans? Could it not be 50-50 with a board running the club not an individual?

Next year as a league one club, with lower overheads, the club will have had time to negotiate properly ground wise, and to do the maths to work out what they can actually afford to spend on wages etc. and live within their means!

Some of this may be simplistic or assume the club wouldn't still loose money but do others not think like this?

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I for one hope Palace survive as without them who would look out for in hope they lose week in week out. Without rivals there is lack of passion in the game and Palace whether we like it or not are our rivals and the games against each other defy logic to most other supporters. Who can remember the game in 2002 when after 15 years we finally matched up against each other. I guess Palace fans can't becuase of the score line but it meant so much to both sets of fans and I remember looking forward to that game from the moment the fixtures were out. OK I didn't particually like the fact we got gumped but it made the McShane goal even the more sweeter on Wednesday 19th October 2005. That is why you have rivals for nights like that, without them you take something away from the game and you could end up supporting Orient :)

How many Albion fans on here were desperate for Wednesday to send Palace down so we could play them next season?????? Unfortunately, whether we like it or not we need Palace as much as they need us. Good luck for today.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
:US:

Sky sports reported it was 150. That number was then used on here as a starting figure. It has since been explained that those were just in the ground, and more were there, and other estimates made it higher. But to suggest it was never claimed that it was 150 people is just wrong. It was claimed, albeit based on a misunderstanding.

I saw the original report, and it said that there were Palace fans there and that 150 had broken into the ground. Not that 150 Palace were there. My main issue however, is people claiming that the figure has risen because Palace fans are now trying to make their poor 150 people turnout sound bigger.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's what happens when a business goes into administration. I don't see why people are up in arms about it when it happens to failing businesses every week.

The reason is simple, it's fraud by any other name. Where we have a choice about which business we choose to use we have a situation where when a team like Palace has a false position by living above it's means. Just because other businesses get away with ripping people off doesn't make it any better a reason for a football club to do so.

It's this sort of attitude that makes people despise clubs like Palace, Portsmouth and Leeds.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
No it's not right for a football club to, but why should football clubs have to be liquidised as soon as they have money difficulties, when other companies have the offer of administration?

I've never met anyone who despises Palace outside of rivalries anyway. I see alot of pity for our situation, but hate? No.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've never met anyone who despises Palace outside of rivalries anyway. I see alot of pity for our situation, but hate? No.

You need to get out more, one of your biggest creditors is HMRC and thus it's tax payers like me. I can bet that a lot of people despise you, all the other 23 Championship clubs for a start because if you go tits up they'll lose revenue from not being able to play your assembly of cast offs and yuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here