Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What's to stop them renting SP for a season or two while their consortium continues to negotiate with the bank during that period?

CPFC2010's number 1 priority must be to buy the club to safeguard its future and then worry about buying back SP.

exactly. only they seem more interested in the ground. hmm. and now they are generating a crisis to attempt some political invlovment, to get them the ground cheap with no sell on clauses. hmm.

they dont *need* to buy the ground to buy the club.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Hate the fact that so many people are coming on here pleased at what the Palace FANS are going through.
For fucks sake, we didn't exactly save the Goldstone did we? And if we didn't have Dick Knight we could very well have no club to support right now.
And further to that, if Tony Bloom hadn't shown his hand at a vital stage, Falmer would be growing cobwebs right now.
Yes, we were second to none when it came to organising demos and rallying thousands upon thousands of fans but we had a lot of luck on the way.
Right now all I want to say to the Palace fans is good luck, hope it works out for you. If it means groundsharing, do it. If it means starting again like Wimbledon, do it. I and many thousands of fellow Albion fans would have supported the Albion in the Conference South or below.

palace fans - pay attention to THIS

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
A brand spanking new stadium is only great if it's full enough. Dick Knight mentioned that they needed 12,000 to break even in falmer & that was when the cost was a lot lower than it is now. 12,000 regular in league one is a lot to ask if brighton aren't pushing top 6 by christmas.

Call me an idiot all you like i'm just saying that 90% of clubs are financially tight, brighton included i'm afraid.

The difference now is that we've not borrowed any money from banks etc to build the stadium. The chairmen has 'leant' it to us in the form of interest free loans.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A brand spanking new stadium is only great if it's full enough. Dick Knight mentioned that they needed 12,000 to break even in falmer & that was when the cost was a lot lower than it is now. 12,000 regular in league one is a lot to ask if brighton aren't pushing top 6 by christmas.

Call me an idiot all you like i'm just saying that 90% of clubs are financially tight, brighton included i'm afraid.
You wish we would struggle at falmer but we will do 12k season tickets im sure.The bad news for you lot is we don't have a big fat debt looming on the stadium as its near on a gift from our chairman:D

Dick knight stated that ages ago because it was originally the banks that we're lending the money for falmer but thats not the case anymore.

DK's comment was based on:
1) The stadium company would be commercially borrowing the money to build Falmer.
2) An assumption that BHA would be the only significant revenue stream for the stadium company.
Neither is the case.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009

will you get 12k when you're in league one the season after next? mate you cant even get a thousand people on the day you are going under...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Watching this unfold is like rubbernecking an accident, you know you shouldn't slow down and gawp but you just can't help it.

I have a feeling that this statement was put out by CPFC2010 to give focus to an otherwise unorganised demo (we're gonna demonstrate, but we don't know who against) ahead of their meeting tomorrow, in the hope of it adding to their bargaining stance. I also think CPFC2010 were beginning to lose some of the crowd, so to speak, due to their apparent lack of action.

If nothing else comes out of this, it will show CPFC2010 the importance of keeping the supporters in the loop. Weight of numbers is a powerful tool. I'm sure Palace will pull through, and I hope they do.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Bellotti told us all was fine, but we took action.

Indeed he did. We were fed many assurances over the years. But it was our distrust and, dare I say it, detective work (Paul Samrah etc) that weedled out the truth. Even when things appeared to be going more smoothly, we still mobilised and organised.

I'd take a ground-sharing agreement right now if I knew it was going to save my football club.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
These types of posts are about as boring as the "ooh, I know we're bitter rivals but I'd hate for them to go out of business" ones.

No-one's being smug and Palace won't go out of business.
Chester City have disappeared recently - they went bust and were kicked out of their league (a few years ago we were playing them in League 2), so no-one can be complacent about a football club's future.

If Palace go out of business, who are we going to hate? Who cares about hating Orient, Millwall, and Gillingham - they just aren't the same.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Chester City have disappeared recently - they went bust and were kicked out of their league (a few years ago we were playing them in League 2), so no-one can be complacent about a football club's future.

If Palace go out of business, who are we going to hate? Who cares about hating Orient, Millwall, and Gillingham - they just aren't the same.

AFC crystal palace

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A couple of Palace mates of mine, who claim to be in the know have just told me they are f***ed.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
When we have no local rivals, no campaigning to get a stadium, no watching it being built some Brighton fans are going to be f***ing bored.

I can't believe some people would want ANY football club to go bust after what we went through, also this our campaign was better than yours shit is f***ing sad and boring.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Maybe it's just the generation I come from but gaving supported the Albion through the bitter rivalry years of the 70s and 80s, not having palace as a rival would take a lot away from my love of football. I just love the anticipation of an upcoming match with them and all the banter that goes with it. We need them to survive. They may be scum but they're our scum!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Maybe it's just the generation I come from but gaving supported the Albion through the bitter rivalry years of the 70s and 80s, not having palace as a rival would take a lot away from my love of football. I just love the anticipation of an upcoming match with them and all the banter that goes with it. We need them to survive. They may be scum but they're our scum!

essentially why I am supporting their "appeal" despite my disquiet that the bidding consortium are motivated more by profit than by any concern for the football club or its fans

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for the fans and the community because, to me, Palace looked f***ed.

I can see them having to do an "AFC Wimbledon" and climbing through the leagues. Maybe then they'll harness the required passion and commitment required to effectively fight back that seems to have been absent over the last couple of years financial demise.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
They gambled; twice. *They failed; twice.

If they are given a life line they will gamble again. *Why do football clubs believe they are above the law of business?

Palace going into liquidation will protect many more football clubs than saving them.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
They gambled; twice. *They failed; twice.

If they are given a life line they will gamble again. *Why do football clubs believe they are above the law of business?

Palace going into liquidation will protect many more football clubs than saving them.

That doesn't help the fans who have supported their team since they were kids etc. I remember how I felt when we nearly fell out of the league and when things looked like they were going down the plug hole and I know how I would feel now if things were different and we were in danger of going out of business. How the f*** would Palace going into liquidation protect other clubs? Unless you think Palace folding will finally get the FA to act or Government to step in to try and sort football out? Can't see it myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here