Crystal Palace FC

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Hate the fact that so many people are coming on here pleased at what the Palace FANS are going through.
For fucks sake, we didn't exactly save the Goldstone did we? And if we didn't have Dick Knight we could very well have no club to support right now.
And further to that, if Tony Bloom hadn't shown his hand at a vital stage, Falmer would be growing cobwebs right now.
Yes, we were second to none when it came to organising demos and rallying thousands upon thousands of fans but we had a lot of luck on the way.
Right now all I want to say to the Palace fans is good luck, hope it works out for you. If it means groundsharing, do it. If it means starting again like Wimbledon, do it. I and many thousands of fellow Albion fans would have supported the Albion in the Conference South or below.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
CPFC2010 are quite canny in saying that they will pull out if they cannot secure the purchase of the ground. It looks like the bank has called their bluff for trying to get it at a rock bottom price. If the consortium had the best interests of the club at heart owning the ground would be an obstacle that can be taken out of the equation. At the end of the day they could still seek a groundsharing arrangement in order for them to survive.

What's to stop them renting SP for a season or two while their consortium continues to negotiate with the bank during that period?

CPFC2010's number 1 priority must be to buy the club to safeguard its future and then worry about buying back SP.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Right now all I want to say to the Palace fans is good luck, hope it works out for you. If it means groundsharing, do it. If it means starting again like Wimbledon, do it. I and many thousands of fellow Albion fans would have supported the Albion in the Conference South or below.

This.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Hate the fact that so many people are coming on here pleased at what the Palace FANS are going through.
For fucks sake, we didn't exactly save the Goldstone did we? And if we didn't have Dick Knight we could very well have no club to support right now.
And further to that, if Tony Bloom hadn't shown his hand at a vital stage, Falmer would be growing cobwebs right now.
Yes, we were second to none when it came to organising demos and rallying thousands upon thousands of fans but we had a lot of luck on the way.

I don't think there are many on here wanting them out of business, a majority of the posts are merely pointing out how utterly niave the scum have been in trying to keep their club alive.

The scenes at smelhurst today were laughable.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
We all know we hate each other, but please, for our clubs' sake, please try and publicise this. If you can, please do everything you can to help.

If you are tweeting, please use the hashtag #SaveCPFC.

Please try and help in any way you can.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
We all know we hate each other, but please, for our clubs' sake, please try and publicise this. If you can, please do everything you can to help.

Course we will mate, i'll boot my mum a text:thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

:thumbsup:

We may be rivals but we love to hate them so lets help them.

(From the Palarse forum)
camerond@parliament.uk
cleggn@parliament.uk
osborneg@parliament.uk
info@vincentcable.org.uk
huntj@parliament.uk (MP for South West Surrey and Sports minister)

Sky Sports News (select their option) http://www.skysports.com/tabs/contact/0,20256,,00.html

No. 10 https://email.number10.gov.uk/Contact.aspx

Send emails/messages whatever to those.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I dont understand the smugness of some on here about palace going under, as somebody already pointed out if it wasnt for Bloom or Knight it could of been Brighton.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I was merely saying that it's a bit rich to have a go at the palace attendances when brighton's a hardly anything to write about.

The whole withdean is shit stadium argument is a bit rich considering all i hear from fans of clubs is that we support our team through thick & thin (but we obviously won't support them on our doorstep because the stadium has no roof).

A bit of fair weather fan thinking in my eyes. The new ground will be full initially then novelty wears off and the crowds will settle to an average of 12,000 i reckon.

Ticket prices will still be very high & brighton will still be in league one so it's just the roof which is different.

Idiot

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no great wish for Palace to be wound up but I also have no wish for that smug bastard David (Ex Kid) Jensen having anything to do with them and hope that he fails and somebody else or another consortium come in and buy them.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have no great wish for Palace to be wound up but I also have no wish for that smug bastard David (Ex Kid) Jensen having anything to do with them and hope that he fails and somebody else or another consortium come in and buy them.

Take your pic:

Neil Morrissey
Jo Brand
Ronnie Corbett
Eddie Izzard
Kevin Day

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I dont understand the smugness of some on here about palace going under, as somebody already pointed out if it wasnt for Bloom or Knight it could of been Brighton.

It's only a very small number-probably far less than the smug Palace numpties who have been on here regularly taking the piss out of our situation over the years. The majority of us don't want them going out of business but I for one hope they rattle around the shitty end of League 2 for a while and I make no apology for that.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Perhaps Mr Bloom may ask one of his gambling mates to buy CPFC,then you could use us as a feeder club when you are back in the big time.

football fan

May 31, 2010
A brand spanking new stadium is only great if it's full enough. Dick Knight mentioned that they needed 12,000 to break even in falmer & that was when the cost was a lot lower than it is now. 12,000 regular in league one is a lot to ask if brighton aren't pushing top 6 by christmas.

Call me an idiot all you like i'm just saying that 90% of clubs are financially tight, brighton included i'm afraid.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Perhaps Mr Bloom may ask one of his gambling mates to buy CPFC,then you could use us as a feeder club when you are back in the big time.

With the total value of your assets I could ask one of MY gambling mates to buy you and we only play penny stakes:jester::jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here