Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace FC

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Having lived and worked in Spain, I have to say that although they partially work in some cases, non of them really cover the meaning implied when calling someone simpatico, imo.

OK. I can't say I'm particularly familiar with the word. When I saw those definitions it made me think of the advert for affinity.com where the guy and girl are in a shoe shop and accidentally tie their shows together, and they defined affinity as something similar. Though, I'm more familiar with affinity meaning a particular fondness for someone/thing.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know that precedent says that big clubs don't go under and I don't expect Palarse will be the first to break the rule but does no-one else think that sentiment towards clubs in trouble is changing? Just looking at this as an example, reaction seems to be a great big shrug of indifference, mixed with some resentment at the way clubs do bounce back from debt caused by overspending. If people just stop caring about clubs in trouble, or even begin to think that a big club needs to go extinct in order to set an example what's to say that we won't get one? If public opinion has changed I wonder when events will catch up? Sooner or later I think there's going to have to be a big casualty to wake people up to the awful way football's being run in this country ....
I agree. I've lost count of the number of times we've heard fans' groups say "Please help save our club." And it's always more or less the same story: a previous owner and/or chairman ran up huge debts basically gambling that these would be covered by the income generated by increased success on the pitch. (There is the odd exception of the owner and/or chairman deliberately wanting a club to fail so they can cash in on the freehold of the ground, but they're more than outweighed by the Palace/Pompey/Leeds etc scenarios of 'chasing the dream'.)

The thing is that these same fans never complained when the previous owner was splashing the cash, they simply basked in it. No fan EVER thinks their chairman is spending too much money, it's always a case of fans demanding more investment, not less. Brighton fans are no different. When Dick Knight was chairman, especially when we were in the second tier, there were DOZENS of threads on here demanding that Knight invest heavily in the team to stop us from being relegated. I was always pleased that he resisted and ran the club within its means, however if Palace or Portsmouth DON'T go bust I'll have to admit I was wrong - we should have gone heavily into debt knowing that if the gamble didn't pay off we could simply write it off and start again. All it would have cost us would be three wins and a draw.

football fan

May 31, 2010
I was merely saying that it's a bit rich to have a go at the palace attendances when brighton's a hardly anything to write about.

The whole withdean is shit stadium argument is a bit rich considering all i hear from fans of clubs is that we support our team through thick & thin (but we obviously won't support them on our doorstep because the stadium has no roof).

A bit of fair weather fan thinking in my eyes. The new ground will be full initially then novelty wears off and the crowds will settle to an average of 12,000 i reckon.

Ticket prices will still be very high & brighton will still be in league one so it's just the roof which is different.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I was merely saying that it's a bit rich to have a go at the palace attendances when brighton's a hardly anything to write about.

The whole withdean is shit stadium argument is a bit rich considering all i hear from fans of clubs is that we support our team through thick & thin (but we obviously won't support them on our doorstep because the stadium has no roof).

A bit of fair weather fan thinking in my eyes. The new ground will be full initially then novelty wears off and the crowds will settle to an average of 12,000 i reckon.

Ticket prices will still be very high & brighton will still be in league one so it's just the roof which is different.

:bla::bla::bla:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

yawn. How many palarse fans would turn up at the withdean for 10 seasons? :shootself

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
CPFC2010 are quite canny in saying that they will pull out if they cannot secure the purchase of the ground. It looks like the bank has called their bluff for trying to get it at a rock bottom price. If the consortium had the best interests of the club at heart owning the ground would be an obstacle that can be taken out of the equation. At the end of the day they could still seek a groundsharing arrangement in order for them to survive.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Have a look at our protests compared when out club was going down the shitter compared to yours. Its fairly obvious which club has the most passionate support.
+ Have a look at our away support compared to yours. Either ours is amazing or yours is shit. Or maybe a bit of both.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Have a look at our protests compared when out club was going down the shitter compared to yours. Its fairly obvious which club has the most passionate support.
+ Have a look at our away support compared to yours. Either ours is amazing or yours is shit. Or maybe a bit of both.

Don't start that we've got more away fans than you bollocks

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
150???

lol no way

absolute minimum 800 probably more like 1000

Total Joke

Your club is about to go down the toilet and where are you -arguing the toss about how many fans were at a demo on A RIVALS MESSAGE BOARD!!

I don'tlike to see any club go out of business but you, Leeds, Cardiff and pompey have got yourselves into diificulties through crap management by bigheaded chairmen trying to buy the dream when they never had the money in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here