Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal palace beamback

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I've got a ticket for Palace and I object to this.

IF you are going to do it. IF! Then I insist on the following...

All furniture to be removed and replaced by rotten wooden furniture
Cold air to be pumped into the east stand
The toilet floors to be awash with horse urine
At the final whistle everyone to be kept in with no food or drink for 45 minutes at least
All those attending to be marched to Falmer station en mass, stopping every 50 yards for 15 minutes

These should be the minimal conditions![/
QUOTE]Sounds to me as you would rather stay at home.....

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
i'm in agreement with your original post, in a nutshell it would certainly damage the number of away followers to non attractive matches

I go to most away games and to be honest the football is not always the most important factor. By that I mean watching the game, not the result. I and and most of the people I go with see it as a day out on the piss as much as anything. I don't think it being avaialble on a beam back woud have stopped me travelling to Burnely etc

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are no concessions. Under-18s must be accompanied by an adult and parents should be aware that this event is taking place on licensed premises and within an adult environment.

This is playing on my mind.

I'm sure the atmosphere will be great, the jnr Stat's will want to go, but it's going to be a bit messy isn't.

I'm not the kind of fella to expect everyone to fall into line just because my kids are in an area they don't really belong, but:-

what about the children!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There are no concessions. Under-18s must be accompanied by an adult and parents should be aware that this event is taking place on licensed premises and within an adult environment.

I'm sure the atmosphere will be great, the jnr Stat's will want to go, but it's going to be a bit messy isn't.

I'm not the kind of fella to expect everyone to fall into line just because my kids are in an area they don't really belong, but:-

what about the children!

The reverse is playing on my mind.

There are always groups of kids after games, kicking bottles around, running into people and spilling their drinks as a result whilst their parents happily chat away with their mates and let them carry on being a nuisance.

Not saying you fall into that category but if the game gets in any way boring it could be messy for a different purpose.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Got mine !!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I go to most away games and to be honest the football is not always the most important factor. By that I mean watching the game, not the result. I and and most of the people I go with see it as a day out on the piss as much as anything. I don't think it being avaialble on a beam back woud have stopped me travelling to Burnely etc
I definitely agree with this. So it's ironic that this beamback is going to be so popular, as despite Palace being our biggest and closest rival, it is also one of the shittest experiences on the Albion away calendar. You can't get a drink close to the ground, the stand we are in is an ancient and souless shithole and f***ing expensive, and we get kettled at the end.

It's all made bearable if we've won, but that's never a gimme, especially this season. £15 to watch the game from our more humane surroundings and then stroll back to the car after the match seems far more appealing, quite frankly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

what about the children!

With them opening up at 12.30, people are going to be "well oiled" when the main event comes up, and depending on how the game goes, things could get boisterous !

Not the kind of situation I'd want to be looking after little-uns. How old are they ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can easily talk the 6 year old out of it, although she's always up for a fight and hates Palace.

But 8 year old Stat jnr will be heartbroken if I go and he doesn't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I definitely agree with this. So it's ironic that this beamback is going to be so popular, as despite Palace being our biggest and closest rival, it is also one of the shittest experiences on the Albion away calendar. You can't get a drink close to the ground, the stand we are in is an ancient and souless shithole and f***ing expensive, and we get kettled at the end.

It's all made bearable if we've won, but that's never a gimme, especially this season. £15 to watch the game from our more humane surroundings and then stroll back to the car after the match seems far more appealing, quite frankly.

This, with bells on.

I umm'd and err'd about going, but in the end I decided not to. Its just all the hassle and aggravation surrounding the game, not to mention the expense, for what is really NOT a very pleasant day out. I'll enjoy any away trip win lose or draw, its always a cracking day out *except* for a visit to Croydon. Been there done that plenty of times in the past, but I suppose its my age now, I just cannot be arsed with attending this fixture any more. I'd rather spend the money on an away trip where I know I'll enjoy the whole day out.

Delighted to be moseying along to the Amex for this now. I'll take in the lunchtime game, watch us smash the scum, then porbably catch a train into town for a few celebratory beers in the Evening Star or something.

Perfect.

With them opening up at 12.30, people are going to be "well oiled" when the main event comes up, and depending on how the game goes, things could get boisterous !

Not the kind of situation I'd want to be looking after little-uns. How old are they ?

on St Patricks Day, I was in a very large Rugby club in Ratoath Co Meath, we watched a double (or maybe triple) bill of 6 nations, by tea time i was proper messy, mothers well pissed, kids running all over the place, carnage. The consolation, every one was in the same state. not passing judgement or anything, nothing to do with me, this "cool story" just came to me

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This, with bells on.

I umm'd and err'd about going, but in the end I decided not to. Its just all the hassle and aggravation surrounding the game, not to mention the expense, for what is really NOT a very pleasant day out. I'll enjoy any away trip win lose or draw, its always a cracking day out *except* for a visit to Croydon. Been there done that plenty of times in the past, but I suppose its my age now, I just cannot be arsed with attending this fixture any more. I'd rather spend the money on an away trip where I know I'll enjoy the whole day out.

Delighted to be moseying along to the Amex for this now. I'll take in the lunchtime game, watch us smash the scum, then porbably catch a train into town for a few celebratory beers in the Evening Star or something.

Perfect.
Exactly right. I'm moreorless the same age as you, I've been to Selhurst loads of times now, and I simply can't be arsed with being kettled after the match when I want to get home to my wife and kids, having been ripped off at the gate and had to meet my mates for beers miles from the ground. Palace away just seems a right ball-ache these days. It's actually MUCH more palatable on a weekday evening rather than a Saturday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just tell him you're going to B&Q.
and I might as well go on the train, as I'll be on my own.

Turns out they've built a bar there, and you'll never believe it, they were showing the Palace game.
It's a shame you didn't want to come.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
on St Patricks Day, I was in a very large Rugby club in Ratoath Co Meath, we watched a double (or maybe triple) bill of 6 nations, by tea time i was proper messy, mothers well pissed, kids running all over the place, carnage. The consolation, every one was in the same state. not passing judgement or anything, nothing to do with me, this "cool story" just came to me

All that was missing was the name drop of a famous person and that would have been a very Bracknellesque post :wink:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Exactly right. I'm moreorless the same age as you, I've been to Selhurst loads of times now, and I simply can't be arsed with being kettled after the match when I want to get home to my wife and kids, having been ripped off at the gate and had to meet my mates for beers miles from the ground. Palace away just seems a right ball-ache these days. It's actually MUCH more palatable on a weekday evening rather than a Saturday.

I feel exactly the same way. I ummed and arred about going last year, did in the end and enjoyed it but found I had no desire to repeat the experience this time around.

One thing though, I suspect if we were top o the League instead of the scum then we might all feel different.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here