Crystal palace beamback

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If there is enough interest, could they not show it in Dick's Bar AND East Stand corporate areas?

Blimey, if Palace got 1,600 (1/8 of their abnormal home crowd) at the Selhurst Toiletbowl, any reason why we couldn't open up other areas to accommodate numbers in excess of 450?

Would have thought so, i mean the club would hardly refuse another 500 people paying £12 each and further buying food and drink, bit silly if they dont quite frankly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does this open up the opportunity for "beambacks" when there are far north away games on? Or are there certain reasons we're able to do this one alone? I'd happily pay £5-10 to have watched the Hudds game live at the Amex.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd imagine that this is costing the club a small fortune.

I'd also imagine the reason this one is being beamed back is because demand has outstripped supply by a fair distance, not because people are being inconvenienced by distance/cost etc.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Count me in!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd imagine that this is costing the club a small fortune.

I'd also imagine the reason this one is being beamed back is because demand has outstripped supply by a fair distance, not because people are being inconvenienced by distance/cost etc.

I think there would be a fair bit of demand for far north games. It's not convenient for a lot of BHA fans to travel 6 hours up to a game then 6 hours back. I imagine there would be hundreds - if not thousands - that would be very interested in an affordable way to see the games at the Amex.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think there would be a fair bit of demand for far north games. It's not convenient for a lot of BHA fans to travel 6 hours up to a game then 6 hours back. I imagine there would be hundreds - if not thousands - that would be very interested in an affordable way to see the games at the Amex.

There would be a demand for all kinds of matches - oop north and dahn sarf.

However, if a game is not sold out, and a cheaper alternative exists effectively encouraging fans to stay away, just how pissed off would the host club get?

This is the whole point of matches not being shown live on TV at 3pm.

The game has to be sold out for this to even be considered, I doubt many games Up North ever sell out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So it's whether it's sold out or not - ta, that's what I was looking to find out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wheyyy, got mine +3. Think I'll mince along for the lunchtime Chelsea game as well, as a little apéritif to The Main Event.

Marvellous.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

I’m certain it would be popular especially for far flung and undesirable fixtures but imo it could have pretty serious consequences for plenty of the less appealing clubs/towns and could also have a negative effect on atmospheres. I’m all in favour of ‘beambacks’ for derby matches, play off finals and similar but not for standard away matches. I just think it would add to the sky tv culture where many people prefer to watch football from the comfort of their own home.

Saying that I’m completely in favour of transmitting home and away matches to non UK residents, I believe Leeds already do it for exiled fans in Spain and too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Watch Palace v Brighton at the AMEX - details now released

Albion's match at Crystal Palace will beamed back live to the American Express Community Stadium on Saturday 1st December.
Full match coverage of the derby will be shown in the East Stand hospitality area, with tickets available for £12 per head (or £15 including a programme, which must be pre-booked).
Doors will open at 12.30pm, with live coverage of the West Ham United v Chelsea match at 12.45pm, before the main action of Albion's eagerly awaited match at Selhurst Park commences at 3pm.
Tickets are limited and are initially available to season-ticket holders only. They can be bought online, via the ticketline on 0844 327 1901 or in person from the Amex or Queens Road.
They are available now; subject to availability any unsold tickets will be made available to anyone with a ticket purchase history in the last three years from 9.30am on Thursday 22nd November.
Tickets will not be available on the day, and must be purchased in advance.
Parking is available at the stadium but we would encourage fans to travel by public transport wherever possible. For season ticket holders, the event will be uploaded to their smartcards.
There are no concessions. Under-18s must be accompanied by an adult and parents should be aware that this event is taking place on licensed premises and within an adult environment.

There would be a demand for all kinds of matches - oop north and dahn sarf.

However, if a game is not sold out, and a cheaper alternative exists effectively encouraging fans to stay away,

This is the whole point of matches not being shown live on TV at 3pm.

take a match where our following number wasn't what you'd call massive, I.e Burnley and what would that be reduced to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports