Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
75 following Brighton to Rochdale, Orient, Shef United, Stoke and the rest, how many do you think? I know you like to side track the issue but where were the palace fans last season when the palace had to beg people to watch them despite it being a play off season. 13000 with groupon for midweek Championship and now you think you have world class support because you uster 24000 against spurs and have a few Harry Potters who bang a drum. You couldnt make it up. You just wouldnt have a clue what a proper support is, but its taking thousands to away games around the lower leagues, its Brighton v Orient in the lower league, its (OK it got out of hand but even so) Brighton v York, its 27000 in the Championship v Barnsley the week before Christmas, in my opinion anyhow.

Serious question,
Why don't you go now ?
Too expensive ?
Can't get a ticket ?
No atmosphere ?
No aggro ?

I'm intrigued.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can you stop going on about the bloody Barnsley game? We lost to the team that was bottom of the Championship without a manager. It wasn't exactly a great night in the club's season.

Feb 14, 2010
Serious question,
Why don't you go now ?
Too expensive ?
Can't get a ticket ?
No atmosphere ?
No aggro ?

1. Ive never been involved in trouble in my life. I would recognise many who do tho' and yes I know a few, but when you follow Brighton around the country as I did, you get to recognise people as Im sure you would with Palace. But no, never been involved myself so take that on board.
2. To answer the question, I am at a time in life when I have other things to be getting on with, especially as I dont live down there. The people I went with also grew up and have other priorities as well. But I still will go every now and again, whether home or away. If i lived down there, I would probably go once a month but as I dont, I go very rarely. I expect I will start going again when I am retired. By that time I hope we again have an East terrace and I can moan like fck on it, just like my dad, granddad and so I understand, great granddad did before me.

Feb 14, 2010
Can you stop going on about the bloody Barnsley game? We lost to the team that was bottom of the Championship without a manager. It wasn't exactly a great night in the club's season.

You dont understand Brighton mate do you. Its not about winning, losing or drawing. Its just about the Albion. That's why it doesnt matter what division we are in. Sure its great to have a good side, but you dont support Brighton for that, you follow Brighton because, well its in your blood. Its like supporting your country, you just do support England in the world cup even tho' we are crap.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Serious question,
Why don't you go now ?
Too expensive ?
Can't get a ticket ?
No atmosphere ?
No aggro ?

1. Ive never been involved in trouble in my life. I would recognise many who do tho' and yes I know a few, but when you follow Brighton around the country as I did, you get to recognise people as Im sure you would with Palace. But no, never been involved myself so take that on board.
2. To answer the question, I am at a time in life when I have other things to be getting on with, especially as I dont live down there. The people I went with also grew up and have other priorities as well. But I still will go every now and again, whether home or away. If i lived down there, I would probably go once a month but as I dont, I go very rarely. I expect I will start going again when I am retired. By that time I hope we again have an East terrace and I can moan like fck on it, just like my dad, granddad and so I understand, great granddad did before me.

That surprises me, you give the impression you love a tear up.
I've also been following my club for over 40 years. My kids are in their twenties, my son , like me, is a season ticket holder.
All my mates still go with their kids, it's a big social thing.
Once it's in the blood, that's it.
I couldn't imagine not going.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:wozza::wozza:

Feb 14, 2010
That surprises me, you give the impression you love a tear up.
I've also been following my club for over 40 years. My kids are in their twenties, my son , like me, is a season ticket holder.
All my mates still go with their kids, it's a big social thing.
Once it's in the blood, that's it.
I couldn't imagine not going.

No never been involved and never would now. But I wont be pious enough to say I would never have done, if I had had different mates and it wasnt so much a family thing with me then who knows. Yes with kids I can see why you would go and take them if in the area particularly. I used to be the same, couldnt imagine not going, but I was slowly weaned off the habit. Sort of pleased I was, as trawling around 70 odd towns up and down the country was fun, but that was then, and life goes very quickly and its good to do other things.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I've just checked - plenty of other teams have lost too. You're equal worst.

Goal difference could be vital at the end of the season. A 1-0 defeat at the Etihad is a better result than we dared hope for, it's just a shame we didn't get the point we deserved.

Feb 14, 2010
Coming from you :facepalm:

You and the little gang of yesterday's has beens, or more to the point never were

I was never involved but from what I saw, never were is naive as Chelsea, West Ham, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury, Southend, Pompey and Leeds will, to say but a few will testify to. Palace? Left you off the list as you wouldnt be objective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here