Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Cruelty against a young child - beggar’s belief [alleged]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You know what, i loved it there. i work for a company that helps adults with special needs and there were quite a number of inmates without any sort of education at all. inside the prison.

Great 3 years when it was HMP Birmingham, G4S took over, (enough said) we had to leave. Went to special measures and i believe its HMP Birmingham once again now.

They will suffer.

Good for you. G4S are an absolute sham. Made billions by riding rough-shod over proper procedure and a complete disregard for quality.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
My wife said Tustin’s been attacked already.

De facto solitary confinement from now on I guess.

It's been reported that all the inmates would throw salt at her at every mealtime. I'd imagine being in a woman's prison where the vast majority of the inmates still have deep maternal instincts is going to be emotional torture for her. Let's hope they continue and destroy her mentally for the next 29 years.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
When there are things like new, untested drugs that may work or may cause irreversible and painfully life changing side effects, these type of ####s are perfect guinea pigs.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm sure most people on here or elsewhere if they had known what was happening in this house would have broken into it and rescued this poor kid, and given these scum bags a little bit of the same attention they dished out.
I just don't understand how some people can be so evil, and in this case they didn't have some warped sense of religion as an excuse. RIP little man and I hope if there is an after life you are enjoying it now, which you were denied in this one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's been reported that all the inmates would throw salt at her at every mealtime. I'd imagine being in a woman's prison where the vast majority of the inmates still have deep maternal instincts is going to be emotional torture for her. Let's hope they continue and destroy her mentally for the next 29 years.

I have hesitated to post on this thread.

Do we have any information on their backstories, the 'parents'?

I'm asking a question, not making any other comment, or judgement. How can I?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I have hesitated to post on this thread.

Do we have any information on their backstories, the 'parents'?

I'm asking a question, not making any other comment, or judgement. How can I?

Daily Mail have done a bit of digging around. Basically, he is a plasterer and the original mother was a private school girl who went off the rails. They split and she looked after Arthur until she was jailed for 11 years for stabbing her boyfriend to death. Hughes then gained custody and met stepmother through a dating a website. According to the Mail, Tustin, already had four children with three different fathers, two of whom had been taken away from her after a couple of suicide attempts, one of which involved jumping off a multi-storey car park. One of the exes had stated she followed a pattern of starting a relationship, getting pregnant pretty quickly, loving the attention of being with a baby, but hating the day to day to mundane stuff. She would also emotionally manipulate boyfriends through threats and attempts to kill herself. She would also start shutting off her partner's access to friends and family. Seems like she got her claws into Hughes who was deemed weak willed by both his parents and the original mother's in-laws, both of whom had regular access to him until he met her - both incidentally reported her to the authorities about concerns, but she was already adept at misleading social workers, getting both her children and arthur to fabricate a story, thus giving them no concerns when they visited. He moved in with her just before the start of lockdown in 2020 whereupon outside access via school and clubs ceased.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I worked in Winson Green prison for 3 years (helping inmates with education). there are ways and means that they can be got at.

Absolutely, having been inside although many years ago word will spread fast whatever nick he goes to.

He's a marked man and it won't matter how long he is kept in isolation.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003

Woman's prison is so different to men's prisons.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003

Woman's prison is so different to men's prisons.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sickening , it takes a corrupted individual to damage a child , the wee fella was unlucky enough to have to deal with 2 of them , i wonder how long it will be before the rope is brought back.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Me neither.

I still remember the Maria Colwell case; in case anyone thinks that child abuse/murder is a new thing this was 1973. And in Brighton.

I can remember that case, and I can also remember being told that “ lessons will be learned, this must not happen again”. 48 years later, and it happens with sickening regularity.
I have just seen a news item about poor Arthur, and once again I heard “ lessons must be learned”.
Will the “lessons” ever be learned?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Daily Mail have done a bit of digging around. Basically, he is a plasterer and the original mother was a private school girl who went off the rails. They split and she looked after Arthur until she was jailed for 11 years for stabbing her boyfriend to death. Hughes then gained custody and met stepmother through a dating a website. According to the Mail, Tustin, already had four children with three different fathers, two of whom had been taken away from her after a couple of suicide attempts, one of which involved jumping off a multi-storey car park. One of the exes had stated she followed a pattern of starting a relationship, getting pregnant pretty quickly, loving the attention of being with a baby, but hating the day to day to mundane stuff. She would also emotionally manipulate boyfriends through threats and attempts to kill herself. She would also start shutting off her partner's access to friends and family. Seems like she got her claws into Hughes who was deemed weak willed by both his parents and the original mother's in-laws, both of whom had regular access to him until he met her - both incidentally reported her to the authorities about concerns, but she was already adept at misleading social workers, getting both her children and arthur to fabricate a story, thus giving them no concerns when they visited. He moved in with her just before the start of lockdown in 2020 whereupon outside access via school and clubs ceased.

Thanks you. Saved me the unpleasant task of doing my own research. I used to ponder a lot how individuals can cross the rubicon. These days I see it simply as a combination of the genes that made you, the parents that reared you, the people around you and the choices you make, and when everything aligns, the result is evil.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can remember that case, and I can also remember being told that “ lessons will be learned, this must not happen again”. 48 years later, and it happens with sickening regularity.
I have just seen a news item about poor Arthur, and once again I heard “ lessons must be learned”.
Will the “lessons” ever be learned?

Regularity is correct. Not less, but not more.

As posted above, if the person is a wrong un, has all that wrongness nurtured and fed, and is deceitful and cunning it can be hidden and nobody knows till it's too late.

Talking to the missus, we feel that schools are much more proactive these days, but they should perhaps do more. If a kid is not going to school (and remember we had the 'lockdown' in the present case) then they drop off the radar.

So if kids who are 'home schooled' are statistically at greater risk then perhaps we need statutory weekly visits from trained people to ensure their welfare. It won't go down with the anti-nanny staters, but I'd support it.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Edit: double past.

Last edited:

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
The difficulty with cases such as this is, the perpetrators are skilled in deceiving social services so even when visits are made to check on child welfare, they can make it appear that all is well. It's a nightmare for social workers who, even if they suspect/know there is an issue, due to the deception have no authority to do anything about it. I have no idea what the answer is as even in an 'ideal world' there will be deviants intent on doing evil.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I remember that. I believe the step-father was found guilty of manslaughter and got 4 years. Insane.

Yes, he got 8 years or starving her over several months and kicking her to death in a drunken rage, halved to 4 years on appeal. I think sentencing for these evil crimes has moved in the right direction since that time. I hope and believe that the social services and other organisations have also improved their surveillance and information sharing. but some people can be both evil and cunning. I have shed tears over this case and I expect I'll do so again today and tomorrow when I see the proposed tributes to the poor lad at the matches. Rest his soul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here