Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croydon in flames

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I wonder how many countries would have got the army in by now.
It's just too wide spread, and too many numbers for the police, surely?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Tulip

May 3, 2008
Brighton
Looks like as per yesterdays fires, there were flats above the shops - hundreds of people have lost their homes through no fault of their own. Lets hope to god that they all got out before the fires really took hold - doesnt bare thinking about. I hope the people responsible feel some sort of guilt, although I doubt it.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
f*** ME.....Cameron coming back from his hols....WANKER!!!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Big Dave coming home - what can he do though?

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
To those saying "get the army in" I appreciate the sentiment but the army is too small and most of them are either deployed in Afghanistan (or training to deploy) or aren't fully trained in dealing with civil disorder these days as Northern Ireland is long gone.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
PM is on his way home. Cobra meeting tomorrow. Sending the army in might happen real soon.

Where do you send the army though - North, South, Brum ...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Fuckin hell. The sooner the BNP win seats the better and get the vermin out of our country the better. :angry: There's going to be serious repercussions.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Where do you send the army though - North, South, Brum ...

Heard of the TA, Coldstream guards, Household Cavalry.....theres plenty of them...just shoot the fuckers!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Where in God's name are the parents of these f***ing scroats doing all this robbing & burning? Innocent folk are gonna die as a result of this madness & it just continues to get worse. At this rate the Army need to be sent in in to take these bastards out. This society goes to Hell in a handcart & friggin' Cameron hasn't even come back from his jolidays!! Jeeeeez. :rant:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
shocking - get the army in and water cannons - this softly softly approach just won't do anything

That's the problem with this country over the past 15 years. The softly softly approach results in shit like this.

Personally I'd say bollocks to the water cannons. When it gets out of control like this, and normal people are not safe in their own homes, then I'd say its time to bring in teh army, and shoot dead any rioters. Its one thing having a go at the police, but when shit like this happens, anyone left on the street causing troubles or getting in the way of the police doing there work, then take them out with strong force.

Problem is, its a game to these *****, and the only way to stop it is to take a good few of the little fucks out with a bullet in the head.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I said they should have got the army in Saturday night. Apparently they don't possess water cannons and the nearest ones are in NIR which take 2 days to come

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here