Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croydon in flames

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Friend of mine in Enfield has just been evacuated from a hotel as there is a large blaze opposite.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Working in Croydon I've been on the phone to some of my work colleagues this evening to make sure everyone's ok. Scary stuff.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It wouldn't be a sad reflection on the police. This is beyond police work. Its a war zone,. Apartments are being burnt to the ground. This is beyond the work of the police IMO, this is now in the Armys terrrority.

You say yourself "little shits" all over the country are watching this and saying, that looks easy. Wouldn't be thinking that way if the army was there, and there were a few ringleaders/rioters laying shot in the gutter.

This is deadly serious mate, and could very very fast get very out of hand in a number of ways. They need to crush it now.

scary times! I think if the army were called in to deal with the situation which may become a necessity very quickly, the police will be undermined in the eyes of the 'Little shits' not that they have any respect for anyone. I genuinely feel that the police have had a total 'shit-cake' of a deal and their morale must be at an all time low and to have the army brought in will be devastating.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Liverpool:
0059:

Merseyside Police confirm they are dealing with a number of incidents in South Liverpool, including cars being set alight. Members of the public have been advised to avoid Smithdown Road, Lodge Lane and Upper Parliament Street. In a statement, Merseyside Police's Andy Ward said: "Officer have tonight dealt with a small number of incidents of violence across the city. We will not tolerate any violence on the streets of Liverpool and have taken swift and robust action in response."

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
scary times! I think if the army were called in to deal with the situation which may become a necessity very quickly, the police will be undermined in the eyes of the 'Little shits' not that they have any respect for anyone. I genuinely feel that the police have had a total 'shit-cake' of a deal and their morale must be at an all time low and to have the army brought in will be devastating.
I know we have Rozzers on here, maybe they will tell us, but I would think they'd love to see the army dish out harsh punishment to the rioters. They haven't got the arsenal or the numbers. Nothing to do with cuts, theres just not enough of them

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
sick and tired of local mob rule in estates, now destroying shops etc. enough start fighting back. army to gain control, police to arrest!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The most amazing thing, to date, is the only report of physical harm seems to be the 'non-fateful shooting in Croydon'.

It's hard to believe it's only been that, but I hope that's the case.

All thoughts with the emergency services who are out there trying to keep the good guys safe. It must be terrifying.

Whole heartedly agree with your sentiments, must be horrendous for the emergency services

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
Night all. Stay safe up there in Croydon/London way.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Some locals from SE19 interrupted a group of hoodies while they were eyeing up Blockbusters.. Held them off for a while before being outnumbered and frankly too scared..Police and BB HQ long called but with no response..

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
0224: Spent last few minutes checking unbelievable rumour that the London Eye is on fire. Only one picture so far, can’t tell if it’s a fake or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here