Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowds of 15kish next season! How will it affect you?

If you are as you claim to be just seeing things as they are can you please provide the proof to back this up and show us how you know that the crowds will be at 15k.

If you can't provide this, you are just putting your usual negative Slant on your wild speculative guess and it has nothing to do with how it is but just another tedious dig at the club and seems to suit your club negativity and look at me agenda and the pretty much everyone (club included) would be better off without it

Well i've got most things right so far:thumbsup: Recall getting the same lynch mob mentality when i outed Poyet while most people were still wanting his babies:blush:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well i've got most things right so far:thumbsup: Recall getting the same lynch mob mentality when i outed Poyet while most people were still wanting his babies:blush:

You know the score RotR - never DARE to be six months ahead of the NSC hivemind else you'll be labelled 'The Cognoscenti' or WORSE :flameboun

simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In the old days, Rory was one of our top boys, seen at almost every game I ever went to and a feverish fanatic of our beautiful british club. Unfortunately he has like a lot of us, aged somewhat and has turned into, again like a lot of us, into a Grumpy Old Man. Did I mention that Rory was a beautiful british name?

Endulge him in his dotage as you do me and embrace his unswerving ability to attempt humour.

Our beautiful British club needs beautiful British people like Rory.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You'd better start outing Hughton now, so that you can claim to be the first again. All managers go eventually, so don't let anyone else beat you to it.
That's the beauty of fans forums. The negative ones always win eventually.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What makes this thread even more pointless is the fact that it's March, and the O/P has no idea what position we'll be in come August.

I don't think the fall in ST sales will be anywhere near as significant as ROTR hopes it will be, and in any case, a decent finish to the season by the team, and the prospect of Hughton being able to make a few decent summer signings of his own, would soon spark the interest.

I know you're only fishing for attention, ROTR, but I think you're going to be very disappointed when next season starts and crowds aren't that far down on this year. I'm not sure quite why that would disappoint you, but evidently it will.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest, ROTR: what did you do in the 1980s when crowds were dropping massively?

Did you write to the Argus every day urging readers to debate the positives and negatives? Call the Seagull Line and rant, unanswered down the phone at the recorded voice of Tony Millard? Who listened to your deep concerns back then?

Out of interest, ROTR: what did you do in the 1980s when crowds were dropping massively?

Did you write to the Argus every day urging readers to debate the positives and negatives? Call the Seagull Line and rant, unanswered down the phone at the recorded voice of Tony Millard? Who listened to your deep concerns back then?
I waited till mr milliard attended a gulls eye dinner and had words then???

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If he spends money then 25k plus again !!
If not 18k if that !!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've had crowds not far short of 15K this season and that didn't affect me in any way apart from mild amusement when I was told the crowd was around 23000 by the stadium announcer. :shrug:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I waited till mr milliard attended a gulls eye dinner and had words then???

Gulls Eye didn't come out until the 90s, did you wait a whole decade to discuss it?!?!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You'd better start outing Hughton now, so that you can claim to be the first again. All managers go eventually, so don't let anyone else beat you to it.
That's the beauty of fans forums. The negative ones always win eventually.

Well I wouldn't call it 'beauty' as such but you're right. A bit like politics football always ends in failure, so you can save yourself some time by being negative about every manager. Then when their reign ends you can say "well of course I had my doubts about him from the start and I've been proved right."

And wasn't RoTR the one who said kids would stop coming to Albion games if they weren't allowed in Dick's Bar?

Well I wouldn't call it 'beauty' as such but you're right. A bit like politics football always ends in failure, so you can save yourself some time by being negative about every manager. Then when their reign ends you can say "well of course I had my doubts about him from the start and I've been proved right."

And wasn't RoTR the one who said kids would stop coming to Albion games if they weren't allowed in Dick's Bar?

Have you seen the average age of amex regulars???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ok . I'll bite. On what basis , and assuming its 15K tickets sold is the average crowd for Albion in 2015/16 is your starting point, are you making that prediction. That would be a larger drop than any other club in the entire football league last season and unprecedented in the last decade in British football. So Is this on the assumption that Albion will a) be relegated (now very unlikely) b) the chairman won't support strengthening the squad (today he confirmed he would) or c ) long term trends in terms of Albion's attendance. You are predicting a one season fall of 40% for tickets sold at matches next season. This season the average attendances/tickets sold are down 6% from 2013/14 and we still have home matches against Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford to come.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

Where is the evidence to back this up? Which i believe is what the poster you were replying to was asking. That reply seems to suggests it's all in your head and you have no tangible proof that the figures will drop that low.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here