Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowds of 15kish next season! How will it affect you?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Your usual boring bilge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even if, which seems unlikely, we are relegated the gates will not drop below 18000 as we would be in contention for promotion also the future under CH in this division looks bright so again not less than 18000 although probably more buy on the day tickets.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A couple of midweek games this season had low crowds, i thought the atmosphere seemed better. Lower crowds, if it happens will not spoil my enjoyment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Troll :yawn:

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Yawn
will smaller crowds affect your match day experience ? Positives could be quicker service with transport and catering a chance to move about sit in other areas etc.
Negatives possible closure of catering outlets and cutting back on park and ride,general atmosphere of a less than half full stadium plus implications for playing budget.
In short is it good or bad for you? ???

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Even if there were crowds of 15k it would still be better than we thought it would be. In the Withdean era when we used to discuss 'Falmer' (how quaint that sounds now) on here the general consensus was that we'd sell it out, or as near as dammit, for the first year or two because of the novelty factor. Then crowds would probably drop off to about *finger lick* 12,000. We even discussed what areas of the ground should be tarped off!

(On the negative side though, in those days circa 12,000 was bandied around as the break-even figure!)

Oh dear Rev, seems yet another of your 'look at me' posts getting a kicking. I guess you feel that any positive post might not get you enough attention.....bit sad I suppose. :down:

Whats the negative about the post? Honestly i have no power to make crowds drop,i just see things as they are.I thought it was a positive looking at certain gains when the crowds drops,i'm sure other threads might have mentioned lower crowds:moo:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Next season we will continue to have an incredible amount of STHs for a mid-ranking Championship club.

Not sure exactly how many but closer to 20,000 than to 15,000.

Assuming we have a decent season then our average gate is likely to be closer to 25,000 than to 20,000.

These figures are magnificent and a source of some pride (more or less) for most Albion fans.

BORE OFF.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whats the negative about the post? Honestly i have no power to make crowds drop,i just see things as they are.I thought it was a positive looking at certain gains when the crowds drops,i'm sure other threads might have mentioned lower crowds:moo:
15K is extremely negative.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Just because you prefer watching non league don't assume everyone else has the same attitude. We've had one poor season out of four at the Amex and if things start of well in August then the crowds will be back. Even if they don't, expect crowds of 20k at the very least.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

If you are as you claim to be just seeing things as they are can you please provide the proof to back this up and show us how you know that the crowds will be at 15k.

If you can't provide this, you are just putting your usual negative Slant on your wild speculative guess and it has nothing to do with how it is but just another tedious dig at the club and seems to suit your club negativity and look at me agenda and the pretty much everyone (club included) would be better off without it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On a personal level, nobody likes a queue shirley, so it's all good on that level. However, most folks will recognise that what's good for the individual is bad for the club. Happy to grin and bear the longer queues - so long as the club start showing a degree of genuine ambition, as opposed to just a glib slogan.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If you are as you claim to be just seeing things as they are can you please provide the proof to back this up and show us how you know that the crowds will be at 15k.

If you can't provide this, you are just putting your usual negative Slant on your wild speculative guess and it has nothing to do with how it is but just another tedious dig at the club and seems to suit your club negativity and look at me agenda and the pretty much everyone (club included) would be better off without it

Quite right. BAN him for even discussing it. GET HIM OUT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here