Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd vs Walsall under 5,000

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The thing with Stoodent offers is all the stoodents that support Brighton are more than likley to be away from Brighton!!

Like Marc said, we are NOT the worst supported team in this league and I think that we do well considering the VFM people get!!

And just to prove a point, I looked at the sky sports website and Cheltenham had only 3k for a game against Yeovil, which isnt exactly miles away is it?

Last edited:

the whole withdean experiance is a load of old shite,this season the club have been lucky that the weather hasn't turned wank,imagine tonights attendance if it had pissed it down!!The club needs to get arses on seats sharpish,4000 empty seats tonight,for the rest of the season it should be 15 quid adults,10 quid concessions,better to sell tickets cheap than stare at empty green seats,who is gonna take their kids to this shithole of a stadium just as winter arrives to watch third tier football and probably not get much change out of 100 quid???
Time for the powers that be to make the drastic decision and cut prices for the rest of the season,before we become targets for the "what do you want a new stadium for? "brigade.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
people need to get over themselves, we will get low crowds when:
a) its bloody cold
b) champions league is on
c) familys are already saving for Xmas pressies
d) prices are what they are
e) Withers is a shithole
f) Park & Ride takes too long

We are not the lowest supported team in this deivison and anyone who thinks we should be getting 8000 every game needs a reality check...or maybe just visit withdean themselves!

Agree with all of the above, especially e);

Too little investment by the Directors in Withdean. If the gates are under 5000 with the prospects of making the top 6, and after a good win on Saturday, we,ll be lucky to have ANY fanbase at all by the time Falmer is built. Which with these Directors, could be another 10 years.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sensible ticket prices. Sorry, but £25 for a match at Withdean against Walsall in the third division is a joke.

Fully agree but make that £27 with the stupid booking fee as well. I'd like to see them knock the travel voucher and the booking fee on the head for a start, and allthough we cant pay on the gate there must be a way of setting up boothes a little way from the ground where fans can purchase a ticket?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That Ken Brown is having a big impact isn,t he....!

He must have been cheap too.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The thing with the travel vouchers is that its one of the conditions of playing at withers, so even if the club wanted to the they dont have any choice!

I agree that knocking them down to £15 would attract more people, It would certanly make me go to more than the handfull that I currently go to!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Simply make the East £15.00. This way you don't upset those who have paid full price but you also have a section for those who will not/cannot pay £25.00per match.

D

Deleted member 2719

Most teams that played Saturday found their home attendances were down tonight, here are a few stats:

BHA -600
Swindon-700
Northampton-1500
Millwall-1000
Huddersfield-400

So it's not just the Albion, Money footie on tv and the fickle fans are to blame IMO.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
We need to reduce the ticket prices and fast, because tonight was embarassing. Time to give more tickets to schools, so we can get the younger generation in and watch their local team play. Instead of watching Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United etc.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Simply make the East £15.00. This way you don't upset those who have paid full price but you also have a section for those who will not/cannot pay £25.00per match.

Thats a very good idea

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
guessing the stoodent offer didnt really work tonight either?

was this down to the fact stoodents cant be bothered to go, or a complete lack of advertising by the club?

Well, there was NO advertising at the Brighton campus where i go.

Also, the fact that it's only EAST STAND student tickets that are reduced mean that nobody can be arsed. It's £5 for a shocking view of the football, £17 for a good view, or 0 to watch Liverpool on the tv. Unless you're an albion fan, it's a no brainer

D

Deleted member 2719

Yep great idea "we are the Skint boys,the Skint boys,the Skint boys in the East!!

:ascarf::ascarf:

Freddie Goodwin's suggestion is probably the best option.

I was overhearing a conversation on the P&R bus this evening between two season ticket holders who were complaining about the Club even THINKING about reducing ticket prices to a level that would undercut what they had paid for their season tickets.

Maybe the problem is that we have TOO MANY season ticket holders who are thinking this way? If EVERYBODY paid on a match-by-match basis, the options for imaginative offers for games with unattractive opponents would much easier to find.

I expect most season ticket holders only got into the habit of buying a season ticket when Withdean had a capacity of just over 5,000 and it was the only way to be assured of getting in. The fact that most regular supporters have renewed year after year after year is causing a problem. Increasing season ticket prices by 15 per cent when we next get promoted might help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here