Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts signing today [4:30 announcement]

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Dear oh dear oh dear. Someone posts regarding a signing today and the forum goes wild. it may or may not be true but i just can't understand why anyone would say 'i know who we are signing' and then not tell us who it is? What is the logic behind that? One can only assume that this person is hedging their bets on the hope of recieving credit without looking like an idiot if it a) it doesn't happen and/or b) it is not that exact player quoted?!

Let's be honest. It is a certain bet that we will sign someone before Saturday as Gus has told the press this much himself. Plus we are a Hoskins down for 6 weeks so it does not take a genius!

Oh and by the way....i just drove past the Amex and i saw a player in a cap. Couldn't see his face as the cap was concealing his identity. He was about 6 2". All of the media was gathering outside -BORED UNITED!

Just a cap?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You all seem to see my points a bit, if you are given the information in confidence, you should keep quiet about it, say nothing, that's what in confidence means. Not go blab half the story all over a message board.

As for accidently finding something out, I'd be suprised if that happens, you might think that is what is happening, but I doubt it is. If Bloom has a mate who can't keep something to himself, he isn't going to tell him anything he doesn't want or mind getting out there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
20,000 views. 335 posts. A staggering amount of man hours being wasted on this thread. And who's to say Ashley Barnes and Matt Sparrow won't lead us to the Premier League Promised Land?!?

Surprised that it hasn't turned into a binfest by now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not aware of any signings today - but that means nothing. I am firmly in "Olympics addict" mode and I'm not chasing any Albion info right now, so unless something falls into my lap, I'm unlikely to be first with anything.

Heard anything more on the 'remember that name we mentioned last week' thing? Heard anything to suggest it won't happen?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You all seem to see my points a bit, if you are given the information in confidence, you should keep quiet about it, say nothing, that's what in confidence means. Not go blab half the story all over a message board.

Alternatively, as an Albion fan who has a sniff of something positive happening, you want to let your fellow fans know that good news is en route. I know it's what I want to do - I assumed it was kind of natural for others to do likewise.

Maybe it's best you don't open any threads that hint at transfer shenanigans and just wait for official announcements.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
images

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Alternatively, as an Albion fan who has a sniff of something positive happening, you want to let your fellow fans know that good news is en route. I know it's what I want to do - I assumed it was kind of natural for others to do likewise.

Maybe it's best you don't open any threads that hint at transfer shenanigans and just wait for official announcements.

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably do that then.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Totally agree with tht first paragraph and as I havnt any sources and never likely to hav I rely to a degree on places like this and make a judgement based on a posters history/style etc

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I'm sure I speak for others but.........

I JUST CANT HELP MYSELF!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Thats who it is.

So....you have now indicated WHO the player is but you won't just say the name?

You have a twitter so people will know WHO you are, so you're clearly not worried about staying annonymous.

So, why will you still not just say the name? It's actually pointless now

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
The NSC tweet made reference to 'that name we mentioned last week' and Bozza has suggested if anyone is signing today, he'd think it's Crofts

the OP has stated it's the same player that NSC's tweet referred to

so it's now just a case of finding out whether this Crofts deal is actually happening - and whether today. imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here