Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cristiano Ronaldo joins Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr

Just why did Cristiano Ronaldo join Al Nassr?

• Because he is "eager to experience a new football league in a different country"

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Because he will earn an estimated €200m per year

Votes: 100 98.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why has Cristiano Ronaldo joined Al Nassr who average around 9,000 supporters per game in the Saudi Arabian Pro League?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst not surprised at all it is so sad that he’s just followed the money and joined them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“So Cristiano, what first attracted you to the millionaire football club in Saudi Arabia?”

AF6C2F62-FAF1-4BB8-93B5-AB3160B3C718.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'What first attracted you to this multi million pound salary paying Saudi backwater of a team ?'

I think I'd sooner end my career at an average team in my home nation. Not the best way to bow out.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why sad? No 'proper' club wanted him, not on the wages he thought he was worth anyway.
He could have done something like gone to play for his boyhood club for one last season to thank them for starting him off. Or done something worthwhile to help others. Lot of possibilities. Instead he decided to make more money that he he doesn’t really need. That’s why sad. Not like he needs the money as he earnt more in a month than I’ll earn in my lifetime.

Basically his swansong as one of the best players of his generation is to prove he’s a greedy selfish twunt.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He could have done something like gone to play for his boyhood club for one last season to thank them for starting him off. Or done something worthwhile to help others. Lot of possibilities. Instead he decided to make more money that he he doesn’t really need. That’s why sad. Not like he needs the money as he earnt more in a month than I’ll earn in my lifetime.

Basically his swansong as one of the best players of his generation is to prove he’s a greedy selfish twunt.
Agreed. Weird that @GT49er wasn't able to see that. 🤷

This is something I'd expect to see Neymar doing in a few years from now. I genuinely thought Ronaldo was better than this.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Just proves again he has to be the Main Man. He can now only do this in a shitty league amongst lesser players. Should have gone back to Portugal but I imagine even the bigger teams there wouldn't fit around him enough to massage his ego. So in some respects going into the desert is probably the right decision.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
'What first attracted you to this multi million pound salary paying Saudi backwater of a team ?'

I think I'd sooner end my career at an average team in my home nation. Not the best way to bow out.
Me too. If I'd had the sort of stellar career he's had - and had all the same amount of £gazillions in the bank - I'd have happily played out my last couple of seasons for fun (though still taking it seriously) and becoming a legend at a league 1 or 2 level club.

Which I suppose is what he's done, except he's found a lower level club that can - and is willing to - pay him the ridiculous wages he thinks he's entitled to. Meh.......................

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No doubt this will also incorporate a lucrative marketing deal with the Saudi tourism office, to promote the delights of their country to all the global travellers who simply can't wait to visit. And he'll end up being the face of a World Cup or Olympic Games bid (they've already roped in Messi).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here