Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cristiano Ronaldo joins Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr

Just why did Cristiano Ronaldo join Al Nassr?

• Because he is "eager to experience a new football league in a different country"

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Because he will earn an estimated €200m per year

Votes: 100 98.0%

• Total voters

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Unless he’s eager to live in a country that is still medieval in some of its laws, like chopping peoples heads off for some types of blasphemy or drug smuggling or alleged witchcraft and putting you in prison for bouncing a cheque etc ( im assuming not ) then I’ll take a wild guess its the obscene amount of money he’s being paid ..

Mind you in Dubai you can be put in prison for missing a mortgage payment .

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Were Newcastle to qualify for the CL, I very much doubt they'd be interested in CR as he is well past it and his value on the pitch has diminished greatly. Heck I would be disappointed if I learnt that he was signing for us.
he & Newcastle have sold their souls, it is not about what he or they want anymore…

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Were Newcastle to qualify for the CL, I very much doubt they'd be interested in CR as he is well past it and his value on the pitch has diminished greatly. Heck I would be disappointed if I learnt that he was signing for us.
I wonder if Newcastle will have any choice - or would Howe have the balls to resign rather than include CR37 in the team?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now way he goes to Newcastle , even if they do make the CL. Howe is no mug

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
It's really strange that you can want MORE money after the sums he's been bringing in over the past 20 years and his future marketability. Brewster's Millions much!!

Maybe it is to try something different. Couple of years in Saudi then off to the States for a bit.

But no! probably is for the moolah

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
J Paul Getty, at the time one of the richest men in the world, was asked “how much is enough money?”

His reply, famously, was “Just a bit more”
I have a friend that went to live in Saudi for a few years, he saved a lot of dough and it allowed him to buy his first house. Life was pretty sterile but it was a means to an end.

But for Ronaldo, what will be get out of it? He'll double his net worth, but whether you have 500m or a billion, really what's the difference?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Why has Cristiano Ronaldo joined Al Nassr who average around 9,000 supporters per game in the Saudi Arabian Pro League?
Perhaps he meant to go to SA 😂

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
20231013_233624.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here