Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Crisps in the pub

How do you do the crisps at the pub thing?

• Tear the packet completely open, place on the table to encourage communal consumption

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Just open the packet top - these crisps are mine. If you want crisps - buy your own.

Votes: 65 38.2%

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You either buy everyone at the table a bag each, or it's communal. Returning with a single bag and just eating them to yourself - it's unbecoming and untrustworthy.
I think we should all try this and report back on the response from our fellow pub goers. would they swallow down their inner rage and silently seethe or would that sarcasm flow 'your okay there?' 'enjoying those?' etc.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am NOT a sharer. I won't tear open the bag, neither will I partake in a communal torn bag. I just don't trust that my mates haven't pissed all over their fingers, or been picking their noses.

I've never taken a mint from a bowl on a reception desk for exactly the same reason (unless they're wrapped).
You know you and your mates down have to feed each other?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If it's just my wife and I we have a bag each (Twiglets for me, Cheese and Onion crisps for her). If we're with friends it's always communal.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Communal share, chuck in a bag of nuts for good measure.
You gotta get salted thou, so everyone one who tucks in gets thirsty and then gets the round in.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I am NOT a sharer. I won't tear open the bag, neither will I partake in a communal torn bag. I just don't trust that my mates haven't pissed all over their fingers, or been picking their noses.

I've never taken a mint from a bowl on a reception desk for exactly the same reason (unless they're wrapped).
Agreed. My paranoia goes back to the days when pubs had communal bowls of peanuts and even roast potatoes on the bar. Once the dirty fingernails have been seen, they can’t be unseen again.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If it's just my wife and I we have a bag each (Twiglets for me, Cheese and Onion crisps for her). If we're with friends it's always communal.
Is it telling you will share things with your friends but not your wife?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Plain, salt 'n vinegar, or cheese and onion.

Anything else can do one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You know you and your mates down have to feed each other?
Yes. But their fingers are still touching the communal crisps. Sometimes I notice them LICKING their fingers between raids.

Ugh. Nay. Nay. And thrice nay.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure where this communal sharing came from. If I buy a packet of crisps in a pub, I'd buy it for myself. Get your bloody own.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
No. She doesn't like Twiglets, and I'm not that fond of Cheese 'n' Onion crisps. (Except Pringles obvs.)
Yet we all know Pringles aren't crisps, they are reconstituted potato (42%) with flavourings.

Why anyone buys snacks in a pub is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here