Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Crisps in the pub

How do you do the crisps at the pub thing?

• Tear the packet completely open, place on the table to encourage communal consumption

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Just open the packet top - these crisps are mine. If you want crisps - buy your own.

Votes: 65 38.2%

• Total voters

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It’s a tough one. Within our group there’s a general sense of when crisps are required. Whoever is buying the next round then tends to come back with a few packets that are then torn open for group consumption.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Either/or 😂

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Always a communal tear and share, once when I was feeling mischievous and it was my turn to provide the crisps as part of my round I came back with 5 pax of those pub pork scratchings…..

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It’s a tough one. Within our group there’s a general sense of when crisps are required. Whoever is buying the next round then tends to come back with a few packets that are then torn open for group consumption.
This. The big question surely is at which round are the crisps required?
In my poor yoof days of no money I remember never buying the first round, everyone's drinking. But shout the second as some haven't finished. But not the third, crisps required.
Made up for it now, always shout the first.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I hate it when someone has the temerity to tear bags open (especially when you've paid for
them). At least ask.
Sharing is caring...but never tear open another mans bag of crisps without asking thats just poor form

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I heard this on the radio this morning.
Blooming gullible Americans talking about Community.
And.
My crisps are mine.
Get your own.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
IMG_1884.gif

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am NOT a sharer. I won't tear open the bag, neither will I partake in a communal torn bag. I just don't trust that my mates haven't pissed all over their fingers, or been picking their noses.

I've never taken a mint from a bowl on a reception desk for exactly the same reason (unless they're wrapped).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here