Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Crisps in the pub

How do you do the crisps at the pub thing?

• Tear the packet completely open, place on the table to encourage communal consumption

Votes: 105 61.8%
  • Just open the packet top - these crisps are mine. If you want crisps - buy your own.

Votes: 65 38.2%

• Total voters

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Agreed. My paranoia goes back to the days when pubs had communal bowls of peanuts and even roast potatoes on the bar. Once the dirty fingernails have been seen, they can’t be unseen again.
The frock and jacket used to have communal peanuts, except the barman never put them on the bar because he hid his bag of pills in there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Communal if bought as part of a round IMHO

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The frock and jacket used to have communal peanuts, except the barman never put them on the bar because he hid his bag of pills in there.
I used to frequent the downstairs bar at the Frock & Jacket, was a cocktail bar in the mid to late 80’s as I recall. This pic is 1989
IMG_7349.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If it's just my wife and I we have a bag each (Twiglets for me, Cheese and Onion crisps for her). If we're with friends it's always communal.
This. If I’m out with Mrs GB we get our own favourite snacks as we prefer different things. Out with the gang then snacks are shared.

A particular favourite are the cheese pretzels in the Foghorn. Everyone gets a tear and share bag with their round and my dog gets the scraps at the end.

I think I just heard @Easy 10 barf,

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
This. If I’m out with Mrs GB we get our own favourite snacks as we prefer different things. Out with the gang then snacks are shared.

A particular favourite are the cheese pretzels in the Foghorn. Everyone gets a tear and share bag with their round and my dog gets the scraps at the end.

That’s some swingers party that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to frequent the downstairs bar at the Frock & Jacket, was a cocktail bar in the mid to late 80’s as I recall. This pic is 1989
View attachment 162248

A great place, we went there from about 84 onwards for several years. Second or third on the itinerary which started at Shades, heading eventually to the clubs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

:lolol:

Each to their own, sir.

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
I just went to the shop and got two big bags of crisps and a smaller one which I am eating now.Nothing better.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
View attachment 162248
My sister briefly worked in said cocktail bar. It meant teenage me could get rather drunk by her making a bit too much of each cocktail order and topping up my glass after each order.
Unfortunately a somewhat jealous older girl informed the management she was only 16 so it didn't last long.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
My sister briefly worked in said cocktail bar. It meant teenage me could get rather drunk by her making a bit too much of each cocktail order and topping up my glass after each order.
Unfortunately a somewhat jealous older girl informed the management she was only 16 so it didn't last long.
It wasn’t in the early 80’s was it?

I went out with a girl who worked in that cocktail bar, I picked her out and turned her into someone new. Went out with her for five years but she didn’t want me in the end. Said she didn’t need me and couldn’t believe when I heard she didn’t want to see me again.

She’s quite successful now I heard with the world at her feet, works in Clarks in town.

Bitch

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here