Cringeworthy Palarse !!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
So why don't more of the 25k home crowd travel?
I can only speak for myself here but when we were at withdean, going to a game was a labour of love.
It was a case of getting to the game and getting home, it wasn't a particularly nice experience 90% of the time.
I used to go to far more away games as I enjoyed them more.
Now we have the AMEX, the whole day is fantastic. Pub at 11.00, train at 2.00..staying behind after for a beer.
Bearing in mind my ticket and travel are paid for, I still manage to get through the best part of £70-80 per game, so home games are a lot dearer for me than they used to be!
The home games are far more enjoyable these days and although I still manage to get to 10-12 aways a season, I don't feel the need to go to as many away games for a decent football experience.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So why don't more of the 25k home crowd travel?

No idea...... Generally the % of tickets available to away supporters are around 2k and on that basis of our teams have done fairly well. If you consider grounds where you'd be offered 3k, are in the north, I guess they aren't prepared to travel.

Serious question for you as well. You had a good season, at one point were cruising to promotion and were also playing good football at Selhurst. Why don't you get more people to watch you? They all came out at Wembley (as would another 10K of ours would have no doubt!).

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Very nearly puked up my Sunday afternoon pint. In all seriousness, that is grotesque.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Here's my favourite attendance stat:

att.JPG

Average % of your stadium that was filled at home games. Never mind highest average gate, this tells us that there is not a lot of space left at The Amex....... :clap2: :amex:

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
I can only speak for myself here but when we were at withdean, going to a game was a labour of love.
It was a case of getting to the game and getting home, it wasn't a particularly nice experience 90% of the time.
I used to go to far more away games as I enjoyed them more.
Now we have the AMEX, the whole day is fantastic. Pub at 11.00, train at 2.00..staying behind after for a beer.
Bearing in mind my ticket and travel are paid for, I still manage to get through the best part of £70-80 per game, so home games are a lot dearer for me than they used to be!
The home games are far more enjoyable these days and although I still manage to get to 10-12 aways a season, I don't feel the need to go to as many away games for a decent football experience.
I agree about the Amex. Probably the best experience of my life (although Wembley was good)

I agree about the Amex. Probably the best experience of my life (although Wembley was good)

Are you talking about the Play Off game or the 3-0 League mauling ? being as you are Palace I bet you didn't do both.

Here's my favourite attendance stat:

View attachment 44104

Average % of your stadium that was filled at home games. Never mind highest average gate, this tells us that there is not a lot of space left at The Amex....... :clap2: :amex:

Percentage figure for Albion should be higher as capacity of 30,003 only applied for about three league games. Where's Palace on that list - top ten?

raba

Jun 9, 2013
We aren't really much of a laughing stock, there has been hardly any coverage of us

Well, there definitely is now.

As I said on page one, the football world are laughing at you. I also repeat there are posts saying Brighton Batmanhas been doing the rounds.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
Are you talking about the Play Off game or the 3-0 League mauling ? being as you are Palace I bet you didn't do both.

Of course I did both. I did 35 matches last season including the last 2 which will stay with me for ever. You've got me on attendances though so you win (although not away attendances) :smile:

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
I have an idea guys.

Why dont we do league tables based on attendances?

I think we should give up our place in the Premiership and give it to Brighton because have had bigger attendances for a couple of years. In fact its all I could think of as Zaha smashed it in the roof at the net and as Phillips banged in that Pen to send us up. I really feel guilty.

Be careful though The Major might go and support Man Utd or Arsenal. He must really idealise their massive attendances.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Percentage figure for Albion should be higher as capacity of 30,003 only applied for about three league games. Where's Palace on that list - top ten?

I'll bite for you TheMajor, our capacity on average was about 71% of the ground based on the fact that we don't have anywhere near 26,309 seats at present. That'll change next season slightly but it still won't be that figure.

(Quickly realised what a student idea to respond to this troll was and is signing off immediately)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports