Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cremation music.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'll see you in my dreams Joe Brown.
Thats always a good one for getting the congregation wailing.

I was going to post that. I saw him do it in concert a couple of years ago. Not a dry eye in the house, and I would not hold myself as being the most sentimental person around.

I don't think anyone has mentioned "Fire", by the Crazy World of Arthur Brown.

An aunt of mine a few years ago had a couple of Jimmy Durante songs at the beginning and end of the service - the opening being an upbeat one (can't remember what) and the final being "From may to September", which worked well.

And I know plenty of vicars, priests, ministers and so on who would have no problem at all with the original version of "Always look on the bright side of life."

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Would you like to be dissolved, pickled, rendered down for dog meat or just left out for the bin men?

I just don't see the attraction of your friends and family sitting around in a room with you at the front in a box, rather be remembered for the times I was with them alive.
Donation to medical science is an alternative, there are others.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I just don't see the attraction of your friends and family sitting around in a room with you at the front in a box, rather be remembered for the times I was with them alive.
Donation to medical science is an alternative, there are others.

With about half a million UK deaths annually we'd need a lot of body storage and a large increase in the scientific community.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
With about half a million UK deaths annually we'd need a lot of body storage and a large increase in the scientific community.

There is actually a shortage of people donating their body to science, it's not actually very easy as it needs quite a lot of legal issues to be solved before you go. Sadly I understand I am someone they would be interested to 'work on' given the chance!
Fact is I just don't want the ceremony and that's only partly due to the religious aspects that always seem to creep in even at more secular cremations.
Funeral directors can arrange for that side of things to be done totally privately without the event being marked. You can have a party to celebrate your life without you having to attend some part of it in a wooden box.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
You Never Should - My Bloody Valentine

Hasn't got much to do with death or life, but I just love the bit where the guitars lift off into the mesosphere. Play it loud enough and you're glad of the gift of life.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here