Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit where credits due

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Come on Brighton, come and join us in the premier league. What a way to decided who has the bragging rights and what a beautiful couple of games that would be. Play offs please!!

Oh and don't bottle it this time ;)

Won't be long...and we didn't bottle it. Our manager gave it to you with his tactics because he was on the sulk.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Palace's success was last season. They've won absolutely bugger all this season, just the way I like it.

Tipped by almost everybody for immediate relegation, they have reached 40 points with games to spare. They haven 't just rolled over the smaller teams, they have claimed some pretty big scalps as well.
Palace have been an object lesson in organisation and team spirit with a manager who knows the game inside out and with years of experience under his belt. They are earning massive tv money, guaranteeing themslves another 65-70 million next season following their survival.
I would suggest that their real success has been this season. After a shaky start last season, they roared up the table and had it not been for a really poor run, they could have claimed automatic promotion. They were pretty fortunate in the play-offs, facing two teams that were poorly led, by inexperienced managers and although Brighton and Watford looked strong on paper and capable of beating Palace, Poyet and Zola both combined to totally mis-manage their teams chances. The journeyman Holloway was made to look like a tactical genius by the ineptitude of these two.
This season outstrips last because of the big step up and over-achievement against expectation. Pulis has proved that he is no dinosaur and that experience at the highest level, the ability to take pressure, counts for everything.
Palace are now the benchmark for all aspiring Championship teams, us included and their achievement this season should be respected and acknowledged.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yeah , i think i get the point your trying to make .

Fair play Marshy. It does give hope to all us smaller teams in that if you get things right in the boardroom and managed to get a squad playing together under a decent manager you have a chance in the top league. No reason why Brighton can't do the same. TB maybe reclusive compared to some chairmen but we all know he has Brighton in his heart. No reason why you can't push on and win the play offs.

Fu cking too right :wink:

Come on Brighton, come and join us in the premier league. What a way to decided who has the bragging rights and what a beautiful couple of games that would be. Play offs please!!

Oh and don't bottle it this time ;)

No cups I grant you but..."prize-money" for finishing 11th is £73,105,550 !!!

Feel free to rub your Premiership status in our face on Friday May 2 in Lewes.

CPFC.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No cups I grant you but..."prize-money" for finishing 11th is £73,105,550 !!!

...and we get something between 2.5-3.0 million....and they are not successful!.......TB wouldn't mind a piece of that action.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Tipped by almost everybody for immediate relegation, they have reached 40 points with games to spare. They haven 't just rolled over the smaller teams, they have claimed some pretty big scalps as well.
Palace have been an object lesson in organisation and team spirit with a manager who knows the game inside out and with years of experience under his belt. They are earning massive tv money, guaranteeing themslves another 65-70 million next season following their survival.
I would suggest that their real success has been this season. After a shaky start last season, they roared up the table and had it not been for a really poor run, they could have claimed automatic promotion. They were pretty fortunate in the play-offs, facing two teams that were poorly led, by inexperienced managers and although Brighton and Watford looked strong on paper and capable of beating Palace, Poyet and Zola both combined to totally mis-manage their teams chances. The journeyman Holloway was made to look like a tactical genius by the ineptitude of these two.
This season outstrips last because of the big step up and over-achievement against expectation. Pulis has proved that he is no dinosaur and that experience at the highest level, the ability to take pressure, counts for everything.
Palace are now the benchmark for all aspiring Championship teams, us included and their achievement this season should be respected and acknowledged.

Annoyingly good summation of how things worked out although you did mention Poyet so expect to be chastised at some point for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here