Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit check

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Get yourself an online bank account,pay in minimal amounts,always stay in credit,give it 12 months and then borrow at a sensible rate...

Or in answer to your question......try Noodle.

Just signed up for Noddle. What an excellent site and it's free. Found out all the information i needed about my shit credit history.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Cash for a house!?

There is an old lady who has a credit card, who goes into a shop, writes down the price of what she wants to buy. She then puts the money from her bank account to her credit card to put it into 'credit' for the exact amount and then uses the card to buy it.

Well that's a complete waste of time isn't it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What does Noodle tell you?
When you borrowed and how much?
Gives you your score and how it can effect getting loans,bank accounts etc.

Tells you if you have CCJ's defaults,bankruptcy etc

Shows you searches ie made by car insurance companies,credit card companies etc.

Gives you exact dates. Useful site i must say especially if you wondered why you keep getting turned down for things

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Well that's a complete waste of time isn't it.

Smart old lady.
1: she is insured for the purchase
2: if she has anything about her hopefully she is in a rewards scheme getting at least 3% - 5% on her purchase. Money she was already going to spend anyway.
3: hopefully she is utilizing under 30% of her total Lines of Credit this actually increases your score in the States carrying a little bit of debt is good. Strange I know.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not if you feel that you need the specific extra consumer protections provided by paying by credit card that don't exist with cash (or debit cards either in the UK, I think?)

Did you know that you lose the extra consumer protection if you put the credit card account in credit first? Because by paying in first, you are just spending your own money and not taking the credit that gives you protection. Little known, but true.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Gives you your score and how it can effect getting loans,bank accounts etc.

Tells you if you have CCJ's defaults,bankruptcy etc

Shows you searches ie made by car insurance companies,credit card companies etc.

Gives you exact dates. Useful site i must say especially if you wondered why you keep getting turned down for things

How much does it cost? I used experian but you en up on a monthyl DD at loads of money, i think £15 or more perhaps

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How much does it cost? I used experian but you en up on a monthyl DD at loads of money, i think £15 or more perhaps
It's completely free. Your report is updated once a month. Not as quick as Experian but then it is free and totally unlimited. You can access it whenever you want. I really like it. They do bolt ons which cost money and you don't need them The free version is perfect for keeping an eye on things.
I wanted to know why i couldn't get credit cards and now know why.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Did you know that you lose the extra consumer protection if you put the credit card account in credit first? Because by paying in first, you are just spending your own money and not taking the credit that gives you protection. Little known, but true.

I'm not 100% au fait with UK law so no although it makes sense if its credit protection specifically. Thankfully doesn't apply to me (different consumer protections, which do apply to debit cards too), but it could be avoided by buying and then paying off immediately, before any interest calculation date.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They say they don't give the information to lenders. So, if you apply for Lloyds car insurance or first direct/churchill (RBS owned) all of this insurance information IS accessible AND used.
I recall the unquestionable Experian classing all offset mortgage holders as fraudsters as they classed their hundreds of thousands of debt as unsecured loans....until I pointed this out

Churchill is part of Direct Line, divested by RBS in February last year, so no longer RBS owned.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Just checked my Noddle report, and while its interesting looking at all my payments ect i only have a score of 4/5. my up to date payments couldn’t be any better if i tried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here