Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Crazy Pete" 1980s Northstand nutbag

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I remember him. I was at Elm Park and and remember him leaping on the fence trying to get at the home fans. Didn't know him personally, but he was always thereabouts in those days. That was some day at reading. I was also at Chelsea but never got to see the game,happy days.
Cant be sure but didn't a portaloo get thrown about after we were kept behind after the match, or was it a burger hut cant really remember.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seen him at Burgess Hill loads of times but he (and most of his old group of singing pals) haven't been there this or last season for the few games I have managed to get to. Fair play to them, when I first started taking my lad to BH games (10 years ago), they would be clearly lagered up before kick off and would sing pretty much from start to finish. Verbal altercations with refs, linos, visiting fans and players were common, all good fun though and definitely added to the entertainment. Their songs were pretty good too........

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I remember a guy who wore brown leather bomber jacket curly hair I think he was a bouncer in Brighton and I think he moved to Worthing I believe he may have been South African he knocked out a couple of Sheffield Untied fans who ran on the pitch from the South Stand Seats:catfight::censored:

Jan 30, 2008
HA !, yep i was standing just above the said incident , wasn't there a fire work let off as well? all got a bit frustrating being kept behind those day :)
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
i remember a guy who wore brown leather bomber jacket curly hair i think he was a bouncer in brighton and i think he moved to worthing i believe he may have been south african he knocked out a couple of sheffield untied fans who ran on the pitch from the south stand seats:catfight::censored:
he's been mentioned on here before :wink:
regards
DR

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Cant be sure but didn't a portaloo get thrown about after we were kept behind after the match, or was it a burger hut cant really remember.

Burger hut or some sort of shed.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Elm park 86 and the burger hut is without doubt an Albion away day classic. What a messy day! What a great day that was!
I do miss them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Crazy Pete, Black Joe? no idea whom, but wonder if anyone else remembers an away day to griffin park, Brentford in late 80's....... Brighton fans all behind the goal, Brentford fans off to our right in side stand (as we faced pitch). I remember seeing the offending Albion fan, swaying about, on the terraces half cut before the game started............

Some time later in the game, that bloke jumped the barrier, and proceeded to run towards and do a solo, jumping straight into the Brentford fans to our right.......

for those that remember...... what happened next? and who was that nutter?

Jan 30, 2008
Crazy Pete, Black Joe? no idea whom, but wonder if anyone else remembers an away day to griffin park, Brentford in late 80's....... Brighton fans all behind the goal, Brentford fans off to our right in side stand (as we faced pitch). I remember seeing the offending Albion fan, swaying about, on the terraces half cut before the game started............

Some time later in the game, that bloke jumped the barrier, and proceeded to run towards and do a solo, jumping straight into the Brentford fans to our right.......

for those that remember...... what happened next? and who was that nutter?
the game it all kicked off with QPR ?they turned up in a pub in Brentford and Brighton steamed in to the pub, the man from Blackburn really got stuck in that day :wink:
regards
DR

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
League cup 84/85 ,The League game 87/88 and The Fa Cup game 00/01 all resulted in disorder at Aldershot .84 /85 fighting on the pitch between both sets of fans.New Years Day 88? at Brighton there was bother on the way back to the station aswell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here