Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Crazy Pete" 1980s Northstand nutbag

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Are you the small Pete that I know that burnt his arm pretty badly at work a few years back?

If I knew how, I would, at this point, hilariously post a grotesque picture of 80's pop loon Pete Burns.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
It wasn't unusual for Crazy Pete to stumble into the Northstand at 2.59 pissed out of his curly head with blood on his knuckles from a very recent punch up in the park or pub and start singing very un-PC songs. NSC would of had a meltdown!!!

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Yes that's him

despite knowing little about him, i used to travel down to games with him and we shared many a beer in the Kings Head. I'll never forget him copping an unfortunate one on the back of his head from a copper after a fight broke out in the north stand ( i think against Sunderland )

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I know who Pete is. He lives in Burgess Hill next to my Aunt. I have seen him the last couple of times I've been over.
The Barnet's gone. He was a bit of a thing but actually he was alright!

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I know who Pete is. He lives in Burgess Hill next to my Aunt. I have seen him the last couple of times I've been over.
The Barnet's gone. He was a bit of a thing but actually he was alright!

Bring back Pete! Not enough Pete's at The Amex

Jan 30, 2008
Who remembers him? Shocking curly blond hair always had a red face. He was always very angry, violent, funny and likeable at the same time. I remember him getting arrested at Elm Park, Reading in 1986 and the last time I saw him was away to Chelsea 1989. I wouldn't recognise him without his blond mop so have probably seen him loads of times without knowing. Always starting drunken songs off in the Northstand and on trains ect. Who can shed any light?
had left the N.stand by then and stood on the lower north/ east terrace , sounds like the sort of chap footballs missing these days :) was at the 86 reading game, all got a bit messy before and after i recall, GUNS CROSSBOWS SURELY NOT :mad:
regards
DR

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sounds a product of his time. Wouldn't be allowed near football these days. Today's yoof wouldn't dare behave like that, too soft and too many cameras!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
had left the N.stand by then and stood on the lower north/ east terrace , sounds like the sort of chap footballs missing these days :) was at the 86 reading game, all got a bit messy before and after i recall, GUNS CROSSBOWS SURELY NOT :mad:
regards
DR

Oh Hello mate, who let you back in ? Thought it was a life sentence this time. :rolleyes:

This Pete bloke, it's not you is it? :D

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Who remembers him? Shocking curly blond hair always had a red face. He was always very angry, violent, funny and likeable at the same time. I remember him getting arrested at Elm Park, Reading in 1986 and the last time I saw him was away to Chelsea 1989. I wouldn't recognise him without his blond mop so have probably seen him loads of times without knowing. Always starting drunken songs off in the Northstand and on trains ect. Who can shed any light?

LA just to confirm we're talking about the same bloke, the one I'm thinking about always wore a grey leather bomber jacket?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I remember him well, was at that Reading game and he sort of went it 'alone' at them.Remember him at Ipswich away when we beat them 3-2 with a last minute Larry May goal.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
He was "old school" and if, as you say, is still the same at Burgess Hill games then I would say The Amex and modern football is probably not for him ha ha.

Went to the AMEX for the first time this year against Charlton and Derby and it was a very pink and fluffy experience, nice and breathtaking but nothing like the edge that the Goldstone had. Modern football needs a Pete or 3 :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I remember him well, was at that Reading game and he sort of went it 'alone' at them.Remember him at Ipswich away when we beat them 3-2 with a last minute Larry May goal.

It's probably the same bloke I was thinking of then. I was too young for Reading but was at that 3-2. We'd either not won away all season or maybe not even got a point. IIRC Pete led the singing in the Buffet Car on the way home and very un PC it was too.....

Jan 30, 2008
Went to the AMEX for the first time this year against Charlton and Derby and it was a very pink and fluffy experience, nice and breathtaking but nothing like the edge that the Goldstone had. Modern football needs a Pete or 3 :)
"pink and fluffy "............... lovely :lolol:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here