Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley: The New Palace??

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I agree - I went to watch Crawley bear Barrow 4-0 the other week - and I enjoyed it much more than any Brighton game i've been to at Withdean this season (with the exception of Man City).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Crawley were to make it into the league and we continue this current trend of staying in the bottom two divisions (and Palarse yo-yo between the Prem and Div.1 as they have been) I can see our younger fans interests evolving into a hatred of Crawley whilst the next generation of pikies will possibly continue with their Charlton thing.

So maybe one day.
For the reasons you post, I'm actually baffled as to why Palace still consider us rivals really. We've been different class for about two decades now, sadly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You wonder where Crawley will be in 20 years time. That area has been earmarked for development, the population catchment area is bigger than that of many league clubs and they're already top of the Conference.

The thing is a rivalry only takes off when the clubs play each other on a regular basis, and that isn't likely in the foreseeable future.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Can't see any Crawley fans posting on here. To be honest I think there are more Palace in Crawley than Brighton, so maybe they may hate us more, they probably do, just because we're Palace !!!!!!!!

Oct 25, 2003
if we were playing crawley regularly then i'd imagine a rivalry would develop

schools may have a number of both crawley and brighton fans MIXING and therefore for younger fans the crawley rivalry would be stronger than the palace one

it's POSSIBLE

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Can't imagine anyone ever getting excited over crawley, to be honest. Although, for the reasons T.L stated I guess hypothetically it's possible in the future...but really, Crawley?!

brightonandhove567

crawleytownfan
Apr 17, 2008
Would love to go to Witden following Crawley, but to be honest I don't think we would see you as a derby. It's a big dream of ours to draw you in the cup again!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here