Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley: The New Palace??

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Now that the prospect of an all-Sussex league fixture draws ever nearer, if it does happen..........will Crawley be the new Palace?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
No.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If we were to be in the same league it would be a derby game but not on the same level as Palace.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No, they may not have enough stamina to get promoted, there are plenty of good teams in the BSP...my money would be on Wrexham to go up as champions, with possibly Torquay as runners up, having seen about a third of the teams play so far (including Crawley). We may have to wait another couple of seasons for the first real Sussex derby game.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They could well be the new Palace, they're nearer for a start. And don't forget Palace weren't our rivals until the Mullery/Venables era of the late 70s.

At least with Crawley we SHOULD be the bigger club!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Crawley our are feeder club, its like having Liverpool rival Crewe!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
i spport both teams, brighton more so, but i dont eevr see them being the next palace

If Crawley were to make it into the league and we continue this current trend of staying in the bottom two divisions (and Palarse yo-yo between the Prem and Div.1 as they have been) I can see our younger fans interests evolving into a hatred of Crawley whilst the next generation of pikies will possibly continue with their Charlton thing.

So maybe one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here