Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Crawley stabbing

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One of the main stream news a week or so ago, just tried looking for again but no success. Remember was just under 60, so maybe it was an entire year rather than this year and I’ve misquoted. Definitely teenagers mind.
Probably this ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I’m not going to offer a personal opinion, I was in Crawley to train the new team up. My main patch is Brighton. But I’ll say this; I’ll never take Brighton for granted again. We have one VERY special, friendly, tolerant town. We are very lucky.
Its not all horrible, Mrs Jakarta taught at Northgate (one of the older bits of the town) and it seemed a perfectly pleasant place. Finished her career in Rose Green Bognor Regis which was a bit posher.

Bewbush and Broadfield, on the other hand...

And Crawley Town Centre on a Friday & Saturday night.

Have to say when I moved down to get hitched to Mrs Jakarta back in 1995 I spent a morning in Crawley and afternoon in Horsham, which made my mind up pretty quick!

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not just Crawley. Fortunately, not a fatality from a stabbing in Worthing last week, but sounds like it easily could have been...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
doesn’t surprise me in todays weaponised multi-culture (aka gangs) Britain where kids kill each other for a pair of trainers or merely looking the wrong direction. Very sad. Certainly won’t be the last. It’s normalised behaviour. Only Feb and believe already 60 teenagers stabbed to death nationally. Imagine if we had guns in this country? Carnage. So many angry off their heads youngsters ready to kill anyone showing ‘disrespect’ or even ‘difference’ (see Brianna last week). Poor kid and their parents, feel for them.
Don’t rule out drug turf wars. Kids are recruited into these gangs and nationally that is much more likely to be the explanation than trainers, especially where I live. I don’t know anything about the specifics of the Crawley case.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It's not just Crawley. Fortunately, not a fatality from a stabbing in Worthing last week, but sounds like it easily could have been...

My son works for McDonalds in Newhaven and has been threatened on so many occasions with being stabbed etc...once by a 9yr old!
He lives with his g/f in Denton just round the corner - but it really does worry us every day thinking about him walking home after his shift, which is usually about 2am (hes at uni during the day), and you never know whos hanging around at that time still.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’m not going to offer a personal opinion, I was in Crawley to train the new team up. My main patch is Brighton. But I’ll say this; I’ll never take Brighton for granted again. We have one VERY special, friendly, tolerant town. We are very lucky.
What is your team / role if you don't mind me asking?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see the usual suspects are trying to connect a migrant hotel to the stabbing.
That's the joy of the ignore function. I don't get to see all the right wing numpty bollocks. :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Seems one of the arrested was from Worthing, wonder if they are all linked?

A serious review on knife carrying is needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here