Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Crawley stabbing

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I am not privy to stats so this is PURELY anecdotal but from what I’ve seen in my time on the job, it’s not really gangs. It’s blokes with personal grudges.

My personal theory is that some of those incidents are influenced by gang culture but not directly related to it.

But as I say, that’s only my experience.
Pre meditated - time to bring back hanging?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There were 69 murders of teenagers in the last set of government statistics that covered a WHOLE YEAR from March 2021 to March 2022.

Murder Map (not entirely reliable) has logged eight this year in London, most of whom were not teenagers.

If a teenager or two was being stabbed to death every day even Sky News would be talking about that and not Nicola Bulley.
Happy to be corrected. As I say, I don’t know the stats.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pre meditated - time to bring back hanging?

I don’t know how many are premeditated.

Carrying a knife though, always reminds me of that old acting saying, if a gun is produced onstage, it’ll be used in the play at some point.

As in, if one carries a knife, it will probably be used .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There were 69 murders of teenagers in the last set of government statistics that covered a WHOLE YEAR from March 2021 to March 2022.

Murder Map (not entirely reliable) has logged eight this year in London, most of whom were not teenagers.

If a teenager or two was being stabbed to death every day even Sky News would be talking about that and not Nicola Bulley.
Interesting that the population of the UK has increased by 30% since 1960, but the homicide rate has grown by 60%.

However, there’s still only a 1 in 93,000 chance that you’ll be murdered in the UK. Obviously, those rates are higher depending on social demographics and ethnicity. Sad but true.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One of the main stream news a week or so ago, just tried looking for again but no success. Remember was just under 60, so maybe it was an entire year rather than this year and I’ve misquoted. Definitely teenagers mind.
69 in a whole year is the most recently reported stat and tragic for sure, but 60 in 51 days extrapolates to nearly 400 a year.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
69 in a whole year is the most recently reported stat and tragic for sure, but 60 in 51 days extrapolates to nearly 400 a year.
Could we sooner be at this I wonder, with so many more carrying and frequency of stabbings? I guess we've the NHS to thank for a lot of saved lives.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don’t know how many are premeditated.

Carrying a knife though, always reminds me of that old acting saying, if a gun is produced onstage, it’ll be used in the play at some point.

As in, if one carries a knife, it will probably be used .
Not heard that before, and very sage (add's to memory bank...!)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Could we sooner be at this I wonder, with so many more carrying and frequency of stabbings? I guess we've the NHS to thank for a lot of saved lives.
Not for me. There's a limited number of people that stupid / callous IMO. Right now your moral panic is out by a factor of about six.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not for me. There's a limited number of people that stupid / callous IMO. Right now your moral panic is out by a factor of about six.
Seems increasingly unlikely to head south anytime soon. Let's hope it does.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are Night Safety Marshals.

Primarily in town, Brighton and now Crawley , to look out for vulnerable people with a focus on females.

You can look us up online.
Are you guys given blue cards to get discounts at coffee chains, fast food outlets etc?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Officers carried out an extensive search of the area, assisted by the National Police Air Service helicopter, and a 17-year-old male from Worthing and an 18-year-old male from Horsham were arrested on suspicion of murder.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Officers carried out an extensive search of the area, assisted by the National Police Air Service helicopter, and a 17-year-old male from Worthing and an 18-year-old male from Horsham were arrested on suspicion of murder.
seems a bit of distance between them all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here