Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley 3 Palace 0

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
How is this idiot still able to post?

Crawley :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

He's probably one of the pikies that goes in the Dew Drop, it seems to be his level.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Poor little nigels, nobody wants to sign for them and they are getting desperate :)

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway has expressed his frustration over 'one of the worst weeks of his life' in the transfer market and is determined to land some of his targets.

Holloway is trying to strengthen his squad ahead of the new Premier League season after guiding Palace to promotion from the Championship, but has found it difficult to bring in new players.

He has missed out on deals he thought were close and has become exasperated by the length of time it is taking.

But Holloway knows they need to act quickly after seeing his side slip to a 3-0 friendly defeat at Crawley Town in pre-season on Saturday.

He told Sky Sports News: "Myself and the chairman are going to sit down and have a look at the targets we have shot at, and go from a scattergun approach to the rifle. We have got to knock some targets over.

"Now we have found it what it might cost us, where we are going, I'm sure if he was here today he wouldn't have been too happy with that either.

"We have got to try and give the lads we have got a chance to feel good about themselves when in a couple of weeks' time they are going to start in the toughest division in the world."

Holloway added: "We have got to hone down some targets, but this week has probably been one of the worst of my life because things have broken down for all different reasons.

"It's just an accumulation of coming into this so late. I was half expecting it but it is a little bit worse than it's been before.

"I thought we were signing someone the other day and they went somewhere else. It's all a bit crazy really. You get phone calls, and phone calls on phone calls from people who are not even anything to do with the deal and then suddenly they think they are."

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
To be quite honest,Palace were dross.The other night we were given a footballing lesson by a group of players who looked comfortable on the ball.
Today we played a side who looked scared of the ball.
Not totally sure of the strength of the Palace side(hardly household names),but there was one trialist listed on the team sheet.
We did play well,but having said that,our midfield has never had so much time on the ball.
If I were a Palace fan,I would be looking towards religion.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
To be quite honest,Palace were dross.The other night we were given a footballing lesson by a group of players who looked comfortable on the ball.
Today we played a side who looked scared of the ball.
Not totally sure of the strength of the Palace side(hardly household names),but there was one trialist listed on the team sheet.
We did play well,but having said that,our midfield has never had so much time on the ball.
If I were a Palace fan,I would be looking towards religion.
You missed the "at" out of the middle of religion.

:)

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Didn't they lose by 5 or 6 to Crawley in the pre-season before they went up the last time? Desperately hoping this is not actually a good omen for the Nigel's.....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
After his clubs humbling at the hands of lower league Crawley. Ian Holloway said," It wasn't very nice to watch but the lads can learn from this, particularly the younger ones. It left me very disappointed and it wasn't typical of a Palace team that goes out to represent our club".

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
During the match a Crawley supporter was doing his best to wind up Ian Holloway.
The supporter just happens to be the chairman of the Crawley Town supporters Alliance and was directly behind the dugouts.
Apparently according to reports he was on Holloways case the whole 90 minutes.
Near the end of the drubbing Holloway reacted when the fan shouted "Ian,are you getting them in for extra training tomorrow after that"Ian Holloway turned round and said "why don't you shut up"and then continued muttering under his breath clearly annoyed.

After the match a steward approached the Crawley supporter and he was taken down the tunnel where Ian Holloway was waiting for him.A livid Holloway then went into one.It got so bad the Crawley owners had to come down to the tunnel and try to calm him down.Apparently they apologised to him for the fans behaviour.

The Crawley supporter has resigned his position as chairman of the Crawley Town supporters Alliance.

The Broadfield stadium is obviously a bear pit of imitation that Ian Holloway will not face in the premier league this season.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The Broadfield stadium is obviously a bear pit of imitation that Ian Holloway will not face in the premier league this season.

:lolol: Feel for the guy having to resign because of that. Seems a fair question to me.
Why shouldn't fans be able to shout things at opposing managers? Bloody stewards.

What a :tosser: He's going to have a great time at West Ham and Newcastle

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
During the match a Crawley supporter was doing his best to wind up Ian Holloway.
The supporter just happens to be the chairman of the Crawley Town supporters Alliance and was directly behind the dugouts.
Apparently according to reports he was on Holloways case the whole 90 minutes.
Near the end of the drubbing Holloway reacted when the fan shouted "Ian,are you getting them in for extra training tomorrow after that"Ian Holloway turned round and said "why don't you shut up"and then continued muttering under his breath clearly annoyed.

After the match a steward approached the Crawley supporter and he was taken down the tunnel where Ian Holloway was waiting for him.A livid Holloway then went into one.It got so bad the Crawley owners had to come down to the tunnel and try to calm him down.Apparently they apologised to him for the fans behaviour.

The Crawley supporter has resigned his position as chairman of the Crawley Town supporters Alliance.

This is hilarious. Apart from the resigning bit.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
When the third went in I smiled to my mate and said I bet there will be a thread inside 5 minutes on NSC and sure enough you didn't disappoint! You really are DESPERATE, admit it. Anything to ease the pain you experienced 2 months ago I guess...

WE'RE desperate? You're at a Palace pre season game and all you and your football 'friend' can talk about is NSC. And then you can't wait to come on here and tell us about your chat with your special friend.

What a prat you are.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
When the third went in I smiled to my mate and said I bet there will be a thread inside 5 minutes on NSC and sure enough you didn't disappoint! You really are DESPERATE, admit it. Anything to ease the pain you experienced 2 months ago I guess...

Palace's highlights are still to think of us?? Gonna dream of their amex victory for the rest of his life?...that is your ambition for your little club? Oh dear...

Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City, Everton...that is 0 points from 14 games already then! Lets see if your Amex victory is still top of your thoughts after this games!!!

We may have had a tough few weeks but I think the next 9 months are going to be a life time for your glory hunter new fans...good luck!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Crawley's prospects for the new season look good though, what's their financial situation looking like ATM?

Not sure but unfortunately for the second season in a row they have looked at and picked good youngsters to join their young academy, they train for a few weeks, then close the age group before the season even starts.

Crawley's prospects for the new season look good though, what's their financial situation looking like ATM?

The money for more progress has run out alas at Crawley and they will do very well to stay at League 1 over the next few years. They have owners who don't want to be involved in football any more but they remain decent people who probably won't leave the club in the lurch, ie. Crawley have no debts so there could be a few League 1 clubs much worse off than them.

Richie Barker is proving a decent manager with Gus-like playing principles who should give them another safe mid-table season this year.

I went to the Palace game yesterday and it was their first team minus a couple of players like Garvan and Dikgacoi. Gayle was up front and was well handled by Crawley's centre backs so he's very unilkely to be their saviour. There were still 1,700 shellshocked Palace fans there when the third went in but considerably less a few moments later.

Palace were very flat but the behaviour of Ollie was probably of more concern. You'd think he'd have more to worry about than demanding the head of the Crawley supporters club get banned for some fairly routine stuff like "you're getting sacked in the morning" etc etc.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In some small defence of Palace, their season doesn't start until a couple of weeks later than Crawley's, so they're further behind in preparations.

That said, I did pop on to the BBS via that link posted and there is some amusing stuff on there. Stuff like "Jesus, we're in for a tough season if that's basically our best XI" (what? you only just realised??), and "Well I can see Crawley getting promoted anyway, they're a good side".

Personally, I suspect Crawley will be happy to remain mid table and steer clear of any relegation issues, as the money isn't there any more and they were distinctly flat for much of last season following several years of unprecedented success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here