Craig Mackil Smith is shit and should be playing in the conference...... apparently

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We will have to wait and see if this happens.

so perhaps a slight variation

4-2-3(Vicente as the central of the 3)-1 and CMS as 1?.....or did you mean 4-4-2 in which i don't think so,ask Gus.. :shrug:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It could happen this year.... you never know! :)

Your right,i'm just keeping a lid on things after predicting a top six finish,i revised that to top 12...

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
CMS is class. He's just having a tough time at the minute and its not just scoring goals (and this will happen, no doubt!) its his all round play and what he does. I hate seeing him being subbed and no smile but it will come back, we stick with our players not shout them down!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Just to repeat a post I made in the players ratings, personally I think, before long CMS will play up top with Vokes, and Mattock will play left back, and unfortauntely I think Barnes will be the one to make way. Granted Barnes has played well the last few weeks, but I feel his role is only there as Poyet isn't comforabe with the left back, after all Calderon doesn't get the same level of cover. Nothing against El-ABd, but he's not a natural left back, Painter is well of the pace needed for the championship and in truth is probably now behind Mattock, El-Abd and Tanno in the pecky order, hence the ease Swansea let him go, and now that we have a natural left back, I think we'll soon see a more attacking side, with Buckley joined by Noone, Vincente or LuaLua on the other wing, and two playing up top. With decent service, CMS will score for fun.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
interesting discussion on the bus on the way home today... CMS is the worst player in our squad and shouldn't be playing... he isn't good enough.

interesting to see how people see things so differently.... I disagreee totally with this statement. how many more bloody times are we going to play 1 up front all the time. Vokes was suppose to come in and help him... well he can't help him sitting on the bench all the time!!!

As for Vicente, different class to anything I have seen in a Brighton shirt for a very long time... His touch and composure on the ball is just in a totally different league to anything else, doesn't give the ball away and his vision is just unreal.

Keep him fit and we will be in the play offs, i have no doubt.

Smudger is far from shit , but a break would do him good imho.Then come back firing goals in for fun.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We are very negative in our football, it isn't suited to CMS. Next season, when we have a full squad of Championship standard players, we'll be much more attacking and CMS will smack them in for the fun of doing so. This season Gus is concentrating on keeping it tight, getting us safe and then looking to be a real force next season.

I see this as the start of the second cycle. The first cycle was Gus' first season, solidify and see what you need in the team. Second season, get the team you want, play how you want and win the league in style and with ease. This season is just like his first, stabilise and see what you need to improve on. Then, second season BOOM.
:thumbsup:

Stumpy Tim

I'm not sure why anyone thinks we're suddenly going to play 4-4-2. We won't. Gus clearly like either 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1.

A good manager (and Gus is one) uses players in the system they believe in. I just don't think he's going to play two up front in the hope CMS starts scoring.

Aug 23, 2011
I see this as the start of the second cycle. The first cycle was Gus' first season, solidify and see what you need in the team. Second season, get the team you want, play how you want and win the league in style and with ease. This season is just like his first, stabilise and see what you need to improve on. Then, second season BOOM.
:thumbsup:

Exactly what i think. We are a team in transition, and we are only a few points off the play-offs after completing 2/3 of the season. Thats not bad considering how many "shit" players we have. Must be all down to luck.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CMS is like a fish out of water here. He's forever trying to create something out of nothing and it isn't working. The harder he tries, the more futile it seems. No reflection on the player at all, more a reflection on the chronic lack of joined-up service he's getting.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
he's a quality player,but we paid alot of money for him,fred binney scored alot of goals as did wardy for very little money,that's the diff

if we'd got him on a free,we'd be drooling over him,not saying he ain't worth the money,but with the price tag comes expectations

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
CMS was poor today. Poor against Palace, poor against Wrexham in fact he has been poor since October. I'm fed up with the people who think running around like a headless chicken for 90minutes warrants a starting place. We got mugged off when we paid £3.5million for a very good league 1 striker. I was talking to a Leicester fan after the game who said CMS is the worst striker he has seen this season in the Championship. The stats are not convincing either. Should have flogged him to Reading

Last edited:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Well he needs a kick up the ass like other players his a striker his job is to score goals his not doing it, bring in another striker make his place feel threatened many clubs do it.

Not to be a prick but you seem to be confusing he's and his.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
CMS was poor today. Poor against Palace, poor against Wrexham in fact he has been poor since October. I'm fed up with the people who think running around like a headless chicken for 90minutes warrants a starting place. We got mugged off when we paid £3.5million for a very good league 1 striker. I was talking to a Leicester fan after the game who said CMS is the worst striker he has seen this season in the Championship. The stats are not convincing either. Should have flogged him to Reading

you are getting boring now.

jog on you clown.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I can run around a lot ... any chance of a go?

TBF he looks out of sorts to me ... his first touch isn't the best. I'd like to see him and Vokes together but more than that he needs someone sitting behind that can put the balls through for him to run on to - Vicente is the man! I reckon Sparrow and JFC have tried but he gets such little space the pass needs to be pinpoint in accuracy. The difference between Champ and L1 footie methinks

correct i agree with you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports