Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackil Smith is shit and should be playing in the conference...... apparently

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
my only worry is that for the last 20 mins against palace and the last 20 mins against leicester we have looked a better team when cms isnt on the pitch.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
my only worry is that for the last 20 mins against palace and the last 20 mins against leicester we have looked a better team when cms isnt on the pitch.

Although I think Cms IS a class act, this is a very valid point. The last twenty mins in both the last two games is when we have been at our best and created more chances and looked dangerous. Could be a case of right player, wrong system or even worse wrong club, it happens..We have got to find a way to play to his strengths, if we don't play to his strenghts then there is little point in playing him at all. He is not a lone striker and never will be.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
CMS only "looks bad" because no one in the team ever pass it to him, especially Bridcutt. Bridcutt had the ball loads of times in midfield, CMS would then make a bursting run through the defence, splitting them open, then Bridcutt would turn around and pass it to Navarro or Dunk.

CMS was getting frustrated, the rare occasions he got the ball he was facing Brezovan with a defender on his back, and he then miscontrolled it pretty much every time

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
CMS only "looks bad" because no one in the team ever pass it to him, especially Bridcutt. Bridcutt had the ball loads of times in midfield, CMS would then make a bursting run through the defence, splitting them open, then Bridcutt would turn around and pass it to Navarro or Dunk.

CMS was getting frustrated, the rare occasions he got the ball he was facing Brezovan with a defender on his back, and he then miscontrolled it pretty much every time

Bridcutt is very good at what he does, as is Navarro. But what neither of them can do, is turn defence into attack quick enough because neither of them have creative vision or pass the ball in a forwards direction over 30 yards. This is the reason they should never start in the same side, either one or the other, never both.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Give him Vokes as a partner and watch him smash them in :)

CMS is awesome, and so appreciated by his team mates

Did we look anymore likely to score without him on the pitch.. ?.... NO NO NO we didnt.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Which can only beg the questions-is it style of play/instructions from Gus or lack of vision/ability on the part of Liam-i suspect the former...however CMS was purchased as a player the team could/would be built around,so it's a difficult one,but the more i think about it,the more(maybe allowing a small period of rest,say 3 games)i want CMS in the side.

Stumpy Tim

And this is part of my point. Surely a £2.5m player should be able to control a ball with his back to goal. The reason he gets so few chances is because a lot of moves break down when they reach him. Vokes is a better player for the way we play. And what a finish for the goal that wasn't at the end.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The point here is, a back to goal hold up striker, does exactly that. Holds the ball up, giving others time to link up with the attack. Lays the ball off and spins and gets into the box. Cms is not this and never will be. He is best when facing goal and feeding on through balls. Although he is good with his head, for his size he is not a target man so crossing the ball into the box is not a valid option. He has to either play with a partner, or has to play in the hole behind a big man. He is wasted up front on his own and I don't think anyone can honestly think any different.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Give him Vokes as a partner and watch him smash them in :)

CMS is awesome, and so appreciated by his team mates

Did we look anymore likely to score without him on the pitch.. ?.... NO NO NO we didnt.[/QUOTE]

Rubbish! he was replaced by Vicente and we scored a great footballing goal, whichnever looked like happening until he arrived on the pitch.. SO YES YES YES we did.

BTW - CMS is definitely not AWESOME as you put it. He's actually just ok.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
He runs a lot, but I'm sorry for £2.5m I expected more. For that money I do expect him to be able to receive the ball and not lose it immediately. I lost count the number of moves in the first half that were ruined when the ball came into the feet of CMS. If it was Barnes he would be laid into.

Let's say it like it was. CMS was the weakest player in our team today, probably on the pitch. Vokes looked better when he came.

He's probably a decent player in the right team. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He doesn't fit into the way we play, and we shouldn't change the way we play for him. I can't believe we turned down £3m + player for him

CMS was poor today. Poor against Palace, poor against Wrexham in fact he has been poor since October. I'm fed up with the people who think running around like a headless chicken for 90minutes warrants a starting place. We got mugged off when we paid £3.5million for a very good league 1 striker. I was talking to a Leicester fan after the game who said CMS is the worst striker he has seen this season in the Championship. The stats are not convincing either. Should have flogged him to Reading

Agree with both of these. We looked better yesterday as we did up at Palace after he went off.

He's shown very little since he's been here other than he runs around allot. The trouble with Brighton fans is they love trier. Gary Hart was shit when we signed him and still shit when he left 200 years later. He kept getting contracts because a) he was cheap and b) the fans loved him because he ran around allot. You could forgive Harty though as he was cheap. CMS doesn't have that luxury, he's our record signing and one would assume he's our highest wage earner.

[MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] is about the only person on this thread who has given a balanced argument. All you lot say "he's class" why is he? What has he done since he's been here that has been class? I can only think of two moments of out and out class, his second half performance against Leeds and his goal against Derby. Sure his work rate is good but Harley aside I don't think we have anyone in the side who has issues with work rate. For £3m I would have expected a bit more than work rate.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

agreed that happened alot yesterday - i sit in wsu and its very easy to see the defence splitting pass from up there.... probably not quiet so easy to execute it....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

It could also be because the defensive Navarro has gone off and been replaced by a more attacking midfielder.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Some people are completely clueless , the guys untouchable - people are just getting on his back due to lack of goals recently - but no question the effort and skill he brings to us.

This . Couldn't believe it when he was taken off.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
This . Couldn't believe it when he was taken off.

Why? We didnt look as if we could score when he was on. He got replaced by vicente which was a master stroke by poyet. then we scored!!

Obvious to me he just looks out of sorts.

Ringmer Richie

Feb 4, 2012
Ringmer
CMS has played the thankless role of a lone striker all season without much service or support. He was clearly off form yesterday. Give the guy a break, in most of the games I've seen this season, he has had to come back into midfield to win the ball and pass it to who? He has also had five assists and his constant chasing and battling has allowed other players to come forward. Vokes should be put at the front, with CMS playing off him.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why? We didnt look as if we could score when he was on. He got replaced by vicente which was a master stroke by poyet. then we scored!!

Ditto Tuesday. On that I felt sorry for Agdestein yesterday. He was quality when he came on against Posh and Palace so very unlucky not to retain his place on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here