Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
TBF Did'nt exactly shine against us this season though

Are you sure? He was brilliant at their place and he never stopped running and chasing down despite Posh sacrificing their second striker after going down to 10 men...If McLean had stayed on the field following Boyd's sending off therefore giving CMS a partner up front he may have caused us more problems. Then again, we were that good in that game we would have won anyway!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
reasonable question Leekbrook - I recall that there was some speculation on here that we looked at him In January or sometime since then. He's been consistently the best striker this season, so Gus is bound to have had a sniff. Now sadly, probably too obvious a target. Better value to be had elsewhere.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Talksport on Thursday 6 p.m. Barry Fry said confirmed he's off to PL this summer. Everyone seems to know it's Norwich, and he won't have to move area. (Except his Rightmove budget will have a nought added to it!)

I suspect CMS will wind up at Celtic for next season (they need some new blood), and then will probably come back south of the border after a year or two to one of the top Premiership clubs - my guess is Liverpool. You won't see him in the Championship next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I suspect CMS will wind up at Celtic for next season (they need some new blood), and then will probably come back south of the border after a year or two to one of the top Premiership clubs - my guess is Liverpool. You won't see him in the Championship next season.

Rubbish.
Players don't leave England to go to Scotland when their stock is dramatically rising. Why would he bother with a grand tour of Inverness and Kilmarnock twice a season in a dead competition, when he's likely lined up for a move to the Prem ? Heck, he'd be better off joining one of the Championship front-runners than wasting a couple of years in a backwater league.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Better chance of getting McCann and IMO would fit in with our style very nicely as an attacking midfielder

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
The way Birtles was bigging him up last night, put a few more noughts on his fee ! Even at one stage said Brighton stopped Posh scoring at home, but didn't deserve to win ?? Think 3-0 is fairly comprehensive!

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
contract is up next summer so certainly won't go for a massive fee

well not as much as the 2 million we bid in january when they then increased the asking price

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If we can't afford Glenn's wage demands we have no chance for CMS, get real.

I don't believe for one second we can't afford his wage demands. Although I can fully understand the reason for us putting that message out.

Money best spent elsewhere.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd snap him and Boyd up any day! Unfortunately it's easier said than done. I think bigger clubs than us will be sniffing around CMS.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is the wrong way round players go to Celtic when they are on their way down not up. In your example he would go to Liverpool and if a failure or in a couple of years go to Celtic. He is destined for The English Premier League not the Scottish Premier League for comedians and no hopers or has beens.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
CMS would be a fantastic signing, but I reckon Boyd is more realistic.

Although a lot of people are expecting CMS to get a move to the Prem, I'm not so sure he'll get above the Championship myself. Yes, he's looked GREAT in League One this season, but just a year ago he played in The Cahmpionship and scored just 11 goals, albeit in a relegation team. I just think that will make Premiership clubs question whether he could make the step up to the Premiership just yet.

Having said that, I still think he'll be at a Championship club with a far bigger budget than us. West Ham, Leeds or Forest would be my guess.

Although a lot of people are expecting CMS to get a move to the Prem, I'm not so sure he'll get above the Championship myself. Yes, he's looked GREAT in League One this season, but just a year ago he played in The Cahmpionship and scored just 11 goals, albeit in a relegation team. I just think that will make Premiership clubs question whether he could make the step up to the Premiership just yet.

Having said that, I still think he'll be at a Championship club with a far bigger budget than us. West Ham, Leeds or Forest would be my guess.

I think the only reason people are expecting to see him in the PL is the sustained interest that Norwich have in him which seems very likely to result in him signing for them this summer - I think you are right that most other PL teams wouldn't take a punt. Would be a great signing but then again not sure he'd get a game ahead of Owen and Heskey...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trouble is for us that Norwich are expert at cherry-picking players of great potential and near-proven ability at a relatively modest price. I'm thinking Crofts, Simeon Jackson and probably CMS. They've already earmarked Bennett as such a player. Sooner we start thinking like them the better IMHO.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Would be a great signing but then again not sure he'd get a game ahead of Owen and Heskey...

LOL, oh yeah, I forgot we'd lined them up. CMS would be great cover for when Owen is inevitably out injured.

:laugh:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That is the wrong way round players go to Celtic when they are on their way down not up. In your example he would go to Liverpool and if a failure or in a couple of years go to Celtic. He is destined for The English Premier League not the Scottish Premier League for comedians and no hopers or has beens.

Like Gary Hooper?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Trouble is for us that Norwich are expert at cherry-picking players of great potential and near-proven ability at a relatively modest price. I'm thinking Crofts, Simeon Jackson and probably CMS. They've already earmarked Bennett as such a player. Sooner we start thinking like them the better IMHO.

That is a very good point. Can't see what any player has to gain by playing in Scotland.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The way Birtles was bigging him up last night, put a few more noughts on his fee ! Even at one stage said Brighton stopped Posh scoring at home, but didn't deserve to win ?? Think 3-0 is fairly comprehensive!

He obviously didn't watch the "Barcelona of League 1" in action at London Road. A 6-0 drubbing would have been a fairer reflection but easily it could have been 8-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here