Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seemed to put himself about abit in last nights play-off against MK Dons,and looks a tricky customer does anyone know have we looked at him ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gus has said he'd like him but as he's on Premier League Norwich's radar and the fact that it's down the road from P'boro he won't be coming here. The only good thing is that we won't have to play against him next season.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Gus has said he'd like him but as he's on Premier League Norwich's radar and the fact that it's down the road from P'boro he won't be coming here. The only good thing is that we won't have to play against him next season.

TBF Did'nt exactly shine against us this season though

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

His season's goal tally speaks for itself though. When we played them at home we played them off the park for post of the game I agree and we certainly pounded them up there but I would still love to have him although no doubt he will go to a Premier club.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So players have to shine against us then? Does that mean we should sign that striker released by Bristol City who played for Daggers? He had a stormer against us but his overall goal record is very poor.

CMS is an outstanding player who is well out of our reach.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
So players have to shine against us then? Does that mean we should sign that striker released by Bristol City who played for Daggers? He had a stormer against us but his overall goal record is very poor.

CMS is an outstanding player who is well out of our reach.

It seems we have to be signing everyone if you look at the list of names on here.

I don't expect more than say...2 of those names will even be correct, and one of those will have been a lucky guess.
All others we be complete surprises who none of us will have heard of or weren't thought of.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
They were saying last night that there are lots of clubs going in for him. I am not at all surprised, the lad is destined for bigger things.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He was brilliant last night. Not many players can cause a defence so many problems through their sheer work-rate - in that sense, he's a bit like Tevez, an inspirational player to have in the side... although you wouldn't compare the skill levels obviously.

At one point, it also crossed my mind that he was very similar to Ashley Barnes... which made me feel pretty hopeful for his future. Given that CMS didn't refine his game for a long time, and that Barnes is really young with a very decent goal tally already under his belt, you wonder just how good Ashley could become....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought he was OUTSTANDING at Withdean. Incredible energy, great movement. Terrific player who is well out of our league financially.

Indeed, and even though his team mates laid down for us, he was also outstanding in the away game. His workfare that day, after his partner was sent off, was astonishing.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant player,the sort any fan would want in their team.They will be queuing up to sign him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's good to know that he is out of our league and earning more that we could afford, otherwise I'd be quite keen on him coming to the Albion.

Out of interest, how come Peterborough could afford to keep him when they were last in L1, then kept him in the Championship, then still kept hm for another season in L1? How long is the queue?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It's good to know that he is out of our league and earning more that we could afford, otherwise I'd be quite keen on him coming to the Albion.

Out of interest, how come Peterborough could afford to keep him when they were last in L1, then kept him in the Championship, then still kept hm for another season in L1? How long is the queue?

I think he has probably improved even more this season which has really got him noticed.Great all-round player.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Reminded me a bit of Steve Bull, quick but not the quickest, skill but not the most skillful, BUT 100% workrate and commitment.....must be horrible to defend against.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great player... he will surely be leaving Posh, but only a very small chance it will be to us...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here