Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith 'expected to join' Leicester City (merged)

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Foxes join Pilkington hunt
skysports.com understands Leicester have entered the race for Huddersfield winger Anthony Pilkington.

The 23-year-old is regarded as one of the best young talents in the Football League after impressing at Huddersfield during the last few seasons.

Pilkington looks set to quit Huddersfield after expressing his desire to leave the Galpharm Stadium.

Norwich are thought to be chasing the former Stockport man as they prepare for life in the Premier League, but Leicester are hoping to win the race for Pilkington's services.

Ambitious Leicester are in talks with Huddersfield as they look to thrash out a deal to bring Pilkington to the Walkers Stadium.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson is keen to build a side capable of winning promotion from the Championship next season and he sees Pilkington as a key addition to his squad.

If Eriksson is successful in his pursuit of Pilkington he could become the second Huddersfield player to join Leicester following the arrival of Lee Peltier earlier this summer

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im just bloody delighted this is the sort of player we are bidding for. We must have bid 2 million at least i would guess...

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
CMS could easily flop in the championship like he did with peterborough 2 year ago,
I assume that's based on his goals per game ratio?

He scored 11 goals with no service in an utterly shit side playing for four managers the third of which (Jim Gannon), publicly doubted his ability and dropped him to the bench.

Recovered well last season mind.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Im just bloody delighted this is the sort of player we are bidding for. We must have bid 2 million at least i would guess...

Just about to post this point. It's a shame we've missed out on him but Leicester are clearly one of the favourites to go up so not at all surprised. In fact I would have been amazed if we had signed him.

But very encouraging that we're putting in serious bids for very good players such as CMS. So who's the next striker target I wonder?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Im not too dispondent about this as I didnt for one moment expect him to come to us, he was always in mind going to the premiership with QPR or Norwich. My only worry (and its not really a big worry) is that if we didnt match the reported 3.5m, what decent player is around that will be good in the championship for less?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here