Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith 'expected to join' Leicester City (merged)

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Christ Barry Fry has got a seriously big gob. He needs some media advice as he just seems to feckin say what he wants with no thought about who he might upset.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How Fu$king long has this CMS crap been going on for,christ i swear its about a month+:glare:

Can't the bloke just pick from leicester and westham:annoyed:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Leicester and westham have probably offered him 16-20k a week,time to drop this bid aswel as lua lua and CMS have lost us 3-4 weeks:(

P.S I know we have bid so people say but have not actually seen anything to prove this.

I would love it to be true but can never see it happening, well this window anyhow. We would need a good 2-3 season's in the Championship to attract top top players IMO.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would love it to be true but can never see it happening, well this window anyhow. We would need a good 2-3 season's in the Championship to attract top top players IMO.
No way is CMS to good for us,we can attract better im sure.

CMS could easily flop in the championship like he did with peterborough 2 year ago,but whoever he joins we will see next season what he is like:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
According to leicester fans on another site he has passed a medical and will be unveiled tomorow,nearly 3 million aswel:eek:

Least thats one that can't drag on anymore:D

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
No way is CMS to good for us,we can attract better im sure.

CMS could easily flop in the championship like he did with peterborough 2 year ago,but whoever he joins we will see next season what he is like:)

Some people are KIDDING themselves.

We couldn't afford to keep Glenn Murray. How the HELL do you expect us to attract players better than a man who in his last outing in the Championship scored 10 goals in a relegated side, and who has just netted 30+ goals to almost single-handedly win a team promotion from League 1?!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We couldn't afford to keep Glenn Murray.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

This is driving me MAD.

WE COULD afford Murray. Quite easily ACTUALLY.

The club didn't feel he was WORTH what he demanded.

You don't just buckle at a wage demand if you don't feel he is worth it.

What if a fringe player, say Elphick, wanted to be the top earner by about 4 grand? would you pay him it? no.

That doesn't mean we CANT afford him.

and breath....

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

We couldn't afford to keep Glenn Murray. How the HELL do you expect us to attract players better than a man who in his last outing in the Championship scored 10 goals in a relegated side, and who has just netted 30+ goals to almost single-handedly win a team promotion from League 1?!

We can't afford Murray but can spend £1.5m on two players PLUS their wages on top of that. Not to mention all the other players likely to join. Hmmm...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I reckon we were quite close to getting Murray to stay on but we offered 2 years rather than 3. Nothing but speculation but it would seem likely.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

We are seeking players who can score more than 10 goals anyway,and the murray comment is not worth discussing considering we did bid over 2 million for CMS.

We all know what type of person murray was :)

CMS has gone to leicester now anyway so thread closed:)

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
AHHHHHHHH!!!!

This is driving me MAD.

WE COULD afford Murray. Quite easily ACTUALLY.

The club didn't feel he was WORTH what he demanded.

You don't just buckle at a wage demand if you don't feel he is worth it.

What if a fringe player, say Elphick, wanted to be the top earner by about 4 grand? would you pay him it? no.

That doesn't mean we CANT afford him.

and breath....

You've completely missed the point.
Bloom COULD afford Murray. Bloom could probably afford to pay Beckham's wages for a season if he wanted.

But we, as a club, can't, because there's a wage structure, and Bloom has said we need to be self-financing. If you buckle to the wage structure, then every other player would want a hike in wages, which is (understandably) why Glenn was told eventually to do one. If we'd given him his 10k a week, then Barnes (who only got 2 goals fewer) would be straight into the managers office demanding at least 9k a week. In reality, Barnes isn't going to be earning half of that. Was Murray deemed worth breaking that wage structure for? No.

We're not going to be bringing in signings vastly better than Craig Mackail-Smith, just because our chairman is loaded. He's a sensible businessman (hence his decision to let our best striker leave rather than give him a few extra grand a week). People scoffing at names like him and Jason Scotland, but getting excited about the prospect of signing England internationals like Michael Owen and Emile Heskey, need a serious reality check.

Hell, I'd be amazed if we got CMS, purely because teams like Leicester, who probably have less wealthy owners than us, can AFFORD to pay him a lot, lot more.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
We can't afford Murray but can spend £1.5m on two players PLUS their wages on top of that. Not to mention all the other players likely to join. Hmmm...

We've also sold our best player for that exact amount, and released a load off the wage bill.

We're not poor by any means, we'll have money to spend, but we're not going to be spunking it all on superstars and ex-internationals!! I just think people perhaps need to be a bit more realistic in their expectations!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Even bristol city pay david james around 15k+ a week,you have to question how these clubs can afford these wages.Our income next season will be as good as most in the championship,just glad we don't pay silly wages to has been players:)

southstandg

Dec 17, 2010
Sussex by the sea
I reckon we could quite clearly afford Murray. Whereas I think Gus and Bloom just basically didn't see much point in paying that much to a player who is not Championship proven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here