Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He's probably furious, well as furious as you can be when you're in your mid-late 70s... awful club, the yoyo nature of their managerial recruitment policy strikes again... Doubt Roy will darken their doorway again.

All the rivalry nonsense aside, I don't mind Roy - sure he's not always as nice as he likes to portray, but who is ? That aside he had a good early coaching career and was at one time considered a hot property in world football... hard to imagine now I guess.

Hope, if there's any truth in the illness story, that it's not serious and he can enjoy his retirement in well earned peace.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
See, this is the thing exactly. However good / bad this Frankfurt chap is their squad only has four good players and they're ALL out injured. By the time he gets them back they might have lost five on the spin and become the new boo boy for the Always Ultras and their hilarious banners.
But remember, it's never that their squad is miles behind ours in quality. It's always that we're lucky, or it's the manager, or the coaching, etc etc etc.

For some reason the one thing they absolutely cannot abide is the fact Lewis Dunk is lightyears ahead of their defenders, and they dream of having a midfielder half as good as Pascal Gross.

Last edited:

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
5 points above relegation with their only decent 4 players injured. Is this really the best time to be completely transforming the way the team play?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It has to be said, Palace do have a history recently of appointing young, exciting managers with dreams of a new style of play. They also have a history of shitting themselves when that manager loses a few games and hitting the anti-football panic button and reverting to a Roy / Big Sam type character.

This is just the yin to the anti-football yang.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Roy is ill, wish him all the best.

If Roy is not ill, it's typically classless from them.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Similar to most young managers, building from the back with deep lying midfielders looking to break quickly, which would suit Palace to be fair with their current squad and few new players. His results were pretty similar to Potter really long runs of no wins and draws, then a burst of good results.
Frankfurt fans were by and large behind him, but frustrated with bang average results, however they were with the squad over achieving really.
Thanks, mate. Hopefully he will also resemble Potter in taking some time to implement his methods…and maybe they will work in the lower half of the Championship in 25/26!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Quite a gamble here, I reckon he would have just about managed to keep them up
Beaky always makes this gamble.

Things are going badly - get rid of the manager when the easy game come up, and hope the bounce is enough, to keep them up.
It's worked every time so far.

Chances are the gamble isn't required, but he doen't have the cojones to back his manager.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Arguably they don't need press conferences any more at Palace anyway.

Can't they just hold up a few banners?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can't we consolidate all the Palace threads with a single one with a 🍿 motif?
Definitely needed merging. The Palace prefix used to auto update to :shit: on the old board but doesn't on this one. I suspect only @Bozza can do that and maybe not as easily as on the last one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1708006074393.png

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
True or not, it’s going to look pretty classless to sack an elderly man from his job while he’s supposedly recovering from some sort of health issue.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What is the "#cpfc project"? Is he going to be working as a hod carrier on the construction of the new stand?
No.

its a new ultras craft project, where theyll be making their own cotton bed sheets and using a new technology to create white paint out of Selhurst pigeon shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here