Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Olivier Glasner

Olivier Glasner & Kieran McKenna (Roberto De Zerbi, Andoni Iraola & Julen Lopetegui)

Olivier Glasner

Oliver Glasner

Kieran McKenna, Oliver Glasner

Oliver Glasner, Steve Cooper, Julien Lopetegui & Kieran McKenna

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This is all part of Beaky's genius 'structured plan'. Just you watch:
  1. He'll be inundated with offers to invest to top up the ringfenced funds for the new stand - and it will be the best stand in the world.
  2. They will get the the 3 players they need (like fans of all clubs say) next transfer window so they can compete in the top half and for Europe.
  3. The push for the title challenge is on.
  4. They have one foot on the step of the next level.
We'll be back in their shadow before we know it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
OG: What is the Crystal Palace stadium like? Is it much like our stadium in Frankfurt?
Beaky: Yes, coincidentally it's almost identical.

🤡

1707985678275.png
1707985690860.png

1707985741679.png
1707985802917.png

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ha, someone has been on Wiki already and edited is managerial career..
:ROFLMAO:

"Crystal Palace[edit]​

Glasner was appointed as Head Coach of English Premier League outfit Crystal Palace on the 17/02/2024.

Despite a promising start in the league, and ensuring Premier League survival, he was sacked on 31/01/2025 after a string of poor performances which left Palace 2nd bottom in the league"

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think he is actually a very good appointment, he did wonders for my German team Frankfurt "Die Adler"
The only thing that really matters is that they have to back him, and not sell Eze, Guehi, Olise, any or all of them go, and not adequately replaced results will suffer even if Klopp was there so Palace will revert to type and sack him come November.

I have a horrible feeling though, this is a going to work for them if they back him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn't the whole point of Roy II that he was there to succession plan for someone else.
I'm sure it was supposed to be a seamless transfer to the fella he'd been teaching this season.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Just going back to those shit banners, it’s embarrassing for them that there are a group of idiots that think this is “clever” or “proactive” or whatever.
If they play well or have a win they’re probably disappointed that it’s not the appropriate time to show them.
They go hoping to lose.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I think he is actually a very good appointment, he did wonders for my German team Frankfurt "Die Adler"
The only thing that really matters is that they have to back him, and not sell Eze, Guehi, Olise, any or all of them go, and not adequately replaced results will suffer even if Klopp was there so Palace will revert to type and sack him come November.

I have a horrible feeling though, this is a going to work for them if they back him.
I don’t know much about him…what’s his playing style, mate? Presumably a little bit more progressive than Roy’s?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given all the Palace fans have been saying their squad is MILES better than ours, expect to see them finish top 6 now.

No excuses.
unlike ours.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don’t know much about him…what’s his playing style, mate? Presumably a little bit more progressive than Roy’s?!
Similar to most young managers, building from the back with deep lying midfielders looking to break quickly, which would suit Palace to be fair with their current squad and few new players. His results were pretty similar to Potter really long runs of no wins and draws, then a burst of good results.
Frankfurt fans were by and large behind him, but frustrated with bang average results, however they were with the squad over achieving really.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Similar to most young managers, building from the back with deep lying midfielders looking to break quickly, which would suit Palace to be fair with their current squad and few new players. His results were pretty similar to Potter really long runs of no wins and draws, then a burst of good results.
Frankfurt fans were by and large behind him, but frustrated with bang average results, however they were with the squad over achieving really.
Obviously the Europa League win at Eintracht is a huge achievement and he's not a manager to turn your nose up to.

I just can't help but feel this is another Viera type appointment by #CPFC2010. They'll be better for a while, the fans will get excited and invest in him emotionally, but he'll get frustrated by the lack of investment and the board will get rid of him after a bad run. Ray Lewington will come in next time though, not Roy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here