Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPFC Cheerleaders..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm sure they are all nice girls and did a great job at the REMF game. Good on them for doing that and my post does now seem excessive. However, I still think that the image they portray is wrong. All the heavy make up and fake tan, the sexualisation of the cheer leading role just makes them look, as a troupe, a bit cheap. I'm sure that this isn't a reflection of any of them personally but as a group their image isn't a 'family' one. Having said all this, I think any balanced view goes straight out of the window when I see their CPFC kit.

The sexualisation of the cheer leading role!!?? :lolol:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I can understand why some of you rekcon they're cringey etc I've never really been much up for having sexy cheerleaders at football though I hate to admit I thought the kids who used to do it before were a lot more cringey. However, some of the comments on here from some of you are shocking. The one thing I actually admired about Brighton fans was their reputation for standing up for sexuality rights, race rights etc. However, I see that a good many of you don't think that should extend to gender rights. Calling women dogs, sluts, a bit of filth etc? Wow do some of you entirely embarrass your club. For others like Granny Weatherwax who actually met the girls, spoke to them etc learnt that they were very decent girls, hardworking, caring, happy to interact with your fans etc. Do I think it's right for other Palace fans to call you lot gay as if being gay was a bad thing? No and I argue with them about it quite often but clearly a lot of you appear to be every bit as brain dead as they are.

Last edited:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I can understand why some of you rekcon they're cringey etc I've never really been much up for having sexy cheerleaders at football though I hate to admit I thought the kids who used to do it before were a lot more cringey. However, some of the comments on here from some of you are shocking. The one thing I actually admired about Brighton fans was their reputation for standing up for sexuality rights, race rights etc. However, I see that a good many of you don't think that should extend to gender rights. Calling women dogs, sluts, a bit of filth etc? Wow do some of you entirely embarrass your club. For others like Granny Weatherwax who actually met the girls, spoke to them etc learnt that they were very decent girls, hardworking, caring, happy to interact with your fans etc. Do I think it's right for other Palace fans to call you lot gay as if being gay was a bad thing? No and I argue with them about it quite often but clearly a lot of you appear to be every bit as brain dead as they are.

Although I agree with most of what you say here it is a fine line.

These girls (I met a couple at the REMF and they were lovely) basically wear next to nothing, cover themselves in make up and fake tan, gyrate around in a sexual manner all for the titillation of men. They even go as far as doing all this on Youtube so men around the country/world can also get off on it.

Unfortunately if you are going to do this it is hard to beat the moral drum.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I suppose with young girls being your cheerleaders and young professional footballers in close proximity, telephone numbers being exchanged, nights out....could be a distraction....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can't help but feel Withdean was more innocent times. That's short-term nostalgia for you, I guess but I think they were good for Withdean but not suited for now. At Withdean we needed every trick in the book to get kids to come along and Gully's Girls were always well received in the Family Stand. And it meant that the music wasn't always the Clash and the Undertones (just teasing Attila).

Hats off to Jo esp for all the hard work she put in for the Albion.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Calling women dogs, sluts, a bit of filth etc? Wow do some of you entirely embarrass your club.

Agree but let's not be coy about this. All football clubs/forums (Palace included) have their share of idiots where these comments are concerned. And likewise, other posters who think it's out of order, whether they agree with the concept of cheerleaders or not.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think they are very good at what they do, but just don't like the idea of cheerleaders and agree with comments about Americanisation.

I would say something about exploitation, but they are all probably doing it perfectly willingly, if not enthusiastically. But I am not sure I would want a daughter of mine doing it and being lusted over as they will be.

But maybe we should conform to our stereotype and recruit some male cheerleaders - and no, I'm not being entirely serious.

Hmm, were you the guy with a homosexual child? It must be in the jeans.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worst thing Barber has done is getting rid of Gully's Girls.

They did a lot for the club, and many little girls and big boys miss them muchly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Bold Seagull is referring to a recent scandal involving Albion players. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

I'd heard 2 different reasons, one of which was dirctor comments.

What I guess you are referring to above is still covered by legal restrictions and shouldn't be talked about.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd heard 2 different reasons.

What I guess you are referring to above is still covered by legal restrictions and shouldn't be talked about.

Clearly the sexual predilection for cheerleaders from visiting directors is the main reason though....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here