Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They can have a jab. As I said, as a fit healthy 37 year old. I only got the jab so I could go abroad and return to almost normal. You would probably find most others have played this game too.

Plenty of young people (teens to 30’s) got jabbed largely to be able to travel overseas, you’re certainly not alone. It was the thing that swung it for my teenage son.

Imho individual reasoning doesn’t matter, the more jabbed the merrier.

Macron orchestrated a similar result in France. 10m’s of Covid deniers and Vaccine sceptics suddenly queued up to get their first jab, when the Pass Sanitaire was introduced.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not me, fit and healthy and have looked after myself during my life, as have my wife and kids. Seems to only really effect the fatties and over indulged now. We still keep safe though and are mindful of others

If only life panned out that way. 33 year friend of family, fit as a fiddle, died in sleep 2 weeks ago. Heart murmur, no history, no defects, no preconditions and most of all no warning. Just a good old fashioned there but for the grace of god go I. So before you get too smug about “the fatties” just remember that next time, like the lottery, it could be you…

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Not me, fit and healthy and have looked after myself during my life, as have my wife and kids. Seems to only really effect the fatties and over indulged now. We still keep safe though and are mindful of others

I had a fit and healthy lifestyle and then developed blood cancer and have highly reduced immunity, in spite of having all 3 vaccines. Someone I know on the same treatment as me caught Covid and died within 24 hours last week. I am not fat and can hardly live a debauched life with the drugs I am on. One day you could be me. I sincerely hope not as I wouldn’t wish it on anyone

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Plenty of young people (teens to 30’s) got jabbed largely to be able to travel overseas, you’re certainly not alone. It was the thing that swung it for my teenage son.

Imho individual reasoning doesn’t matter, the more jabbed the merrier.

Macron orchestrated a similar result in France. 10m’s of Covid deniers and Vaccine sceptics suddenly queued up to get their first jab, when the Pass Sanitaire was introduced.

Imho individual reasoning doesn’t matter, the more jabbed the merrier - not sure its a case of merrier it's fairly simple that if 80% of the hospitalised are the unvaccinated (and that's about the average) then we could have a much smaller impact on hospitals & NHS staff if we all got jabbed (yes some will have medical reason not to be jabbed) . So those staff would be at lower risk, they could get their lives back and more to the point get back to treating other illnesses. Unfortunately this government is strong strong enough to deal with the selfish c*nts .

P.S. this is not a dig at you but I think it needed putting stronger.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Imho individual reasoning doesn’t matter, the more jabbed the merrier - not sure its a case of merrier it's fairly simple that if 80% of the hospitalised are the unvaccinated (and that's about the average) then we could have a much smaller impact on hospitals & NHS staff if we all got jabbed (yes some will have medical reason not to be jabbed) . So those staff would be at lower risk, they could get their lives back and more to the point get back to treating other illnesses. Unfortunately this government is strong strong enough to deal with the selfish c*nts .

P.S. this is not a dig at you but I think it needed putting stronger.

I’m just saying I don’t care how and why people got vaccinated. If someone did it to open up travel opportunities, that’s fine by me.

But I have zero respect for the unvaccinated who’re filling Covid and ICU wards.

On your macro point, I’m pleased with our vaccine uptake, 90% of people are decent citizens, even if some did it some selfish reasons. What to do with the unvaccinated? Compulsory jabs with arms held down is never going to happen in a democracy, I wonder how the hell Austria’s going to achieve it?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But I have zero respect for the unvaccinated who’re filling Covid and ICU wards.

I can’t see why those eligible are now refusing TBH. While I didn’t agree, I could understand the safety concerns people had at the start with a vaccine being rolled out so fast, but now I don’t think those concerns can be seen as valid given how many people have been jabbed and how few issues there have been.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t see why those eligible are now refusing TBH. While I didn’t agree, I could understand the safety concerns people had at the start with a vaccine being rolled out so fast, but now I don’t think those concerns can be seen as valid given how many people have been jabbed and how few issues there have been.

Right wing (selective when it suits them) libertarians and hand knitted jumper wearing lefties/eco types.

********s who listen to the full array of conspiracy theories on facebook, twatter or influenced by people they know.

In short, they don’t give a sh1t about the pressure on health systems, on other vital surgeries and diagnoses missed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Ask one of this lot :shrug:

[tweet]1476242163461668873[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ask one of this lot :shrug:

[tweet]1476242163461668873[/tweet]

Thanks but if it’s all the same I’ll keep my distance. Not just for Covid reasons but I imagine the smell from these soap dodgers must be fairly pungent.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I’m just saying I don’t care how and why people got vaccinated. If someone did it to open up travel opportunities, that’s fine by me.

On your macro point, I’m pleased with our vaccine uptake, 90% of people are decent citizens, even if some did it some selfish reasons. What to do with the unvaccinated? Compulsory jabs with arms held down is never going to happen in a democracy, I wonder how the hell Austria’s going to achieve it?

In my persona view I would prefer things to not happen by force and that people make their own minds up for what is best for the wider community but unfortunately life is not that good or simple.

Rather than have threats of general lockdowns just start impinging on the social life of those that choose not to get vaccinated and by default threaten our society - NHS is in a massive mess and that is a key building block of our society. make sure that heavy fines are enforced where rules are broken.

Interesting you mention the word democracy which in its crudest format (first past the post) would indicate that most believe that we should be vaccinated and I bet if presented with the binary choice of NHS collapsing or Forced vaccination the majority would go for the second option. In the same way a democracy when faced with war on a major scale would conscript people.

In a true democracy where decisions are based on consensus i.e. what is best for all not the individual then there is only one answer.

p.S. hope you are fully recovered

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In my persona view I would prefer things to not happen by force and that people make their own minds up for what is best for the wider community but unfortunately life is not that good or simple.

Rather than have threats of general lockdowns just start impinging on the social life of those that choose not to get vaccinated and by default threaten our society - NHS is in a massive mess and that is a key building block of our society. make sure that heavy fines are enforced where rules are broken.

Interesting you mention the word democracy which in its crudest format (first past the post) would indicate that most believe that we should be vaccinated and I bet if presented with the binary choice of NHS collapsing or Forced vaccination the majority would go for the second option. In the same way a democracy when faced with war on a major scale would conscript people.

In a true democracy where decisions are based on consensus i.e. what is best for all not the individual then there is only one answer.

p.S. hope you are fully recovered

Fully recovered, thanks. Avoid Covid if you can anyone here, it’s knackering and self isolation is a bore.

I think forced vaccination would be a bad look and only add fuel to the fire of all the dystopian society theory fruitcakes. Unfortunately, with the power of social media, they influence millions. I know they carry influence through a personal Scamdemic fiction situation that affected me in 2020.

Genuinely not sure how to get the 10% to stop kicking the NHS in the teeth. I’m open to harsh treatment ideas.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Had to visit the home of a guy who was proudly unvaccinated, telling me I was nuts to have had it, that Ivermectin is a Nobel Prize winning medicine (it sort of is, but for treating parasitic worms, not viruses) and all you need to prevent Covid, which is no worse than the Flu anyway, oh and Nicola Sturgeon rigged the Scottish elections. He and many like him are convinced that there is a conspiracy of one sort or another, and that the vaccines are at best unnecessary, and just a money maker for the Pharmaceutical companies, and at worst altering our DNA for some nefarious purpose.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Had to visit the home of a guy who was proudly unvaccinated, telling me I was nuts to have had it, that Ivermectin is a Nobel Prize winning medicine (it sort of is, but for treating parasitic worms, not viruses) and all you need to prevent Covid, which is no worse than the Flu anyway, oh and Nicola Sturgeon rigged the Scottish elections. He and many like him are convinced that there is a conspiracy of one sort or another, and that the vaccines are at best unnecessary, and just a money maker for the Pharmaceutical companies, and at worst altering our DNA for some nefarious purpose.

What does he think people are dying of?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Will no doubt go to his Grave as a Proud Darwinian...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What does he think people are dying of?

They are the people that would normally die from Flu, plus a few unlucky ones with underlying health conditions. He did not say this explicitly, but I have a similarly minded mate who thinks like this. It is quite sad how many truths they tell but draw bad conclusions from, stuff like "the NHS is in crisis every winter" this is true, my take is lets not make it even worse, his is that what is happening is normal.

They will find anything and fit it into their model, the Ivermectin stuff is based on a couple of reports that it had killed viral particles in vitro, and a mythical nursing home in France or Italy that had dosed all it's residents with ivermectin for it's anti parasitic use, but it so happened that covid came into the home, but none of the residents died. No one can find the original reports of either event, and the WHO advises that ivermectin is only used in clinical trials for covid, as there is no data to support it's use. To me, that says maybe someone made those cases up, possibly the company that makes ivermectin, but to them, this is evidence that the information is being suppressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here