Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Has anybody mentioned these Helmets in Chelmesford Tesco? Meanwhile Adult sized toddlers see them as heroes.

[Tweet]1376511140717592577[/Tweet]

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We can rage online, but it’s Tesco’s shame. They can prevent it. What’s their comment on?

D

Deleted member 2719

If they are looking at people not social distancing outside (where there are hundreds of examples of dodgy sensationalist media photos that make it look like people are close together when they are not) I expect not as there is very little data to suggest that you can spread or contract Covid outside.

When the weather was colder it was far more likely to spread, people were breaking lockdown rules too.

How many parties and weddings were going on too, there is a large percentage of the public who just flaunt the rules, they must have caused thousands of deaths spreading it exponentially.

I just hope they look at all aspects of the way Covid was spread, as there are many to point the finger at.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Except, of course, you know there will be zero action taken.

It's going to be cold over the Easter weekend but as it starts to get warmer they'll be loads more of this. Just as culpable - but not as visible - are those among the recently one-jabbed, who seem to think they have just been injected with the secret to eternal immortality. Loads round here, displaying a "some people are on the pitch... they think it's all over!" attitude to Covid now they have had their first injection.

If we get a third wave we'll have no-one to blame but ourselves, collectively.

Probably idle words but the head of the council in Nottingham has said they will close all public parks if there is any further repeat. Thank god for the colder weather coming this weekend and next week to drive these idiots back to their houses.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Still, the 'Rule of 6' is going well on Woodhouse Moor in Leeds, anyway...

_117772019_leeds.jpg

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Probably idle words but the head of the council in Nottingham has said they will close all public parks if there is any further repeat. Thank god for the colder weather coming this weekend and next week to drive these idiots back to their houses.

Indoor mixing is lkely to cause far far more problems. That photo is just another bit of media hype - no doubt low angle, long range to make it look much worse than it really was. All the reliable evidence I've seen suggests that outdoor mixing is really pretty safe and unlikely to create any significant transmission risks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Indoor mixing is lkely to cause far far more problems. That photo is just another bit of media hype - no doubt low angle, long range to make it look much worse than it really was. All the reliable evidence I've seen suggests that outdoor mixing is really pretty safe and unlikely to create any significant transmission risks.

Aye...all those packed beaches ..all the reports I read suggest they really weren’t an issue

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

We will have lockdown 3 before the summers out, too many idiots in this country https://twitter.com/E_Beardmore/status/1377140682490474496

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
We will have lockdown 3 before the summers out, too many idiots in this country https://twitter.com/E_Beardmore/status/1377140682490474496

Making a mess and leaving litter is horrible behaviour. I hate it.

But it doesn't cause transmission of Covid.

I tend to err on the side of caution with regard to lockdowns etc, and earlier in the year I'd have been quite worried by some of these photos. But I've learnt that 1) things often aren't as they seem (see arial shots of Bornemouth Beach in early summer) and 2) that the risk of transmission outdoors, even with lots of people in the same area like this, is much lower than might be expected.

Far better that people congregate and socilaise outdoors than at home, in pubs etc. It should be encouraged. BUT clean up after yourselves FFS!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has anybody mentioned these Helmets in Chelmesford Tesco? Meanwhile Adult sized toddlers see them as heroes.

[Tweet]1376511140717592577[/Tweet]
Shame on the government for not making wearing masks in supermarkets etc. compulsory (no exceptions. No mask? Get somebody else too do or deliver your shopping) with criminal convictions for non-compliance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here