Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'm I allowed to carry on telling people that stand directly behind me in queues to back the **** off?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Indoors everyone should be more consciously aware of giving each other space - anyone getting in your face in a shop you absolutely can tell them off. Most of the time you'd hope it's just an oversight rather than a malicious act but there's a clear difference between moaning at people because they've left the house and moaning because someone is standing too close to you in a shop.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They transmit more during winter months because people spend more time indoors, it’s been thoroughly researched that COVID particles outside in open air don’t hang around long enough to infect anyone, doesn’t matter if a new variant is more infectious or not.

If covid really spread outdoors can you imagine the massive spikes we’d have seen in late spring and summer when there tens of thousands on the streets protesting or on the beach? Never happened, because viruses don’t spread outdoors. Fact.

A simple Google search shows you are wrong. When people say ‘fact’ like that I tend to get suspicious.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/explainers-55680305

Virus’ certainly spread a lot less outside than inside which is why exercising outside and within the rules is a good thing and pretty safe. I take the dog out for a run every morning. That is very different from large groups with risk of closer interaction between households. These people may have been safe but it might be better for us all if the police don’t have to waste their time making sure. That’s all.
As to your point about the activities in the summer; where do you think the second spike came from ? A mixture of all the things you mention (and more) meant the virus remained in the community and eventually re-asserted itself.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A simple Google search shows you are wrong. When people say ‘fact’ like that I tend to get suspicious.

Virus’ certainly spread a lot less outside than inside which is why exercising outside and within the rules is a good thing and pretty safe. I take the dog out for a run every morning. That is very different from large groups with risk of closer interaction between households. These people may have been safe but it might be better for us all if the police don’t have to waste their time making sure. That’s all.
As to your point about the activities in the summer; where do you think the second spike came from ? A mixture of all the things you mention (and more) meant the virus remained in the community and eventually re-asserted itself.

Still far more risk from the clowns that reach across you or stand in the aisles chatting in the supermarket than those hurtling down a field on a tea tray.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

‘Even so, there are a handful of cases where it's believed that infections did happen outside.

One study found that two men in China talking face-to-face for at least 15 minutes was enough to spread the virus.’

Tell me what people are standing face to face talking for 15 minutes plus whilst sledging? The article you linked pretty much says unless you’re spending a lot of time near someone outdoors the only way the virus can transmit outside is through surfaces, and even then it’s unlikely.

And by the way you chose a BBC article, actual scientific studies show the transmission rate outside is so low that it’s almost impossible.

Do you have kids? We don’t get a lot of snow in this country and its a once in a blue moon occurrence for children, should that experience be stolen from them? I know I have great memories of fun in the snow when I was younger. In fact it’s probably more safe to take your child sledging than to a playground with lots of dirty surfaces.

The government have really brainwashed people to an unbelievable degree, outside spread is a tiny tiny issue compared to hospitals and care homes, yet all I see day after day is parents being lambasted for taking their children to the park, sledging or driving a few miles to go to the beach. It’s disgraceful.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
‘Even so, there are a handful of cases where it's believed that infections did happen outside.

One study found that two men in China talking face-to-face for at least 15 minutes was enough to spread the virus.’

Tell me what people are standing face to face talking for 15 minutes plus whilst sledging? The article you linked pretty much says unless you’re spending a lot of time near someone outdoors the only way the virus can transmit outside is through surfaces, and even then it’s unlikely.

And by the way you chose a BBC article, actual scientific studies show the transmission rate outside is so low that it’s almost impossible.

Do you have kids? We don’t get a lot of snow in this country and its a once in a blue moon occurrence for children, should that experience be stolen from them? I know I have great memories of fun in the snow when I was younger. In fact it’s probably more safe to take your child sledging than to a playground with lots of dirty surfaces.

The government have really brainwashed people to an unbelievable degree, outside spread is a tiny tiny issue compared to hospitals and care homes, yet all I see day after day is parents being lambasted for taking their children to the park, sledging or driving a few miles to go to the beach. It’s disgraceful.

I do wonder how they will manage to turn around the fear narrative.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do wonder how they will manage to turn around the fear narrative.

I was out fishing the other day a few yards from a footpath. A young lad, probably 7 or 8, came tumbling down the bank behind and a few yards away from me....he was laughing his head off at falling down a muddy bank - just what kids should be doing. He stood up, saw me and then proceeded to walk past me almost in the hedge muttering ‘social distancing.....social distancing........’ and looking terrified (I don’t look THAT weird). Then his (yummy) mummy walks past and as she passes me shouts ahead ‘Toby......Toby ! I do hope you observed social distancing when you went past this fisherman.....you KNOW how important this is, you might DIE’

Poor Toby. Scarred for life.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was out fishing the other day a few yards from a footpath. A young lad, probably 7 or 8, came tumbling down the bank behind and a few yards away from me....he was laughing his head off at falling down a muddy bank - just what kids should be doing. He stood up, saw me and then proceeded to walk past me almost in the hedge muttering ‘social distancing.....social distancing........’ and looking terrified (I don’t look THAT weird). Then his (yummy) mummy walks past and as she passes me shouts ahead ‘Toby......Toby ! I do hope you observed social distancing when you went past this fisherman.....you KNOW how important this is, you might DIE’

Yeah, see something like this two or three times when running.

Part of my route has wide foot path with plenty of space for 4 people walking in a line - so plenty of space for me on one edge and someone the other edge.

Nope they dive into the grass like I’m aiming coughs at them.

I fear the damage won’t be undone.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I like to think that it’ll be forgotten after a few weeks of normality (bar a few hypochondriacs). I guess we’ll soon find out.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Nothing to do with Government brainwashing thanks. I used to live in Asia where they just get on with it when fighting virus spread as these things are more common out there. They don’t whinge about their rights. As I said elsewhere it’s all about the social interaction, not the sledging. People didn’t need to take their kids to this mass gathering. Could have gone somewhere quieter to enjoy the snow just like we have these past few weeks. We don’t go into town or to the local dam with the masses. Plenty of quieter alternatives.You are getting indignant over nothing as all it takes is better decision making and thinking of others.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Part of my route has wide foot path with plenty of space for 4 people walking in a line - so plenty of space for me on one edge and someone the other edge.

We move to the side of a path and face away, whether it’s walkers, runners or cyclists. Just basic courtesy until people are vaccinated. I’m surprised anyone could be offended or even think twice about us considering the lives of others. Just about everyone says thank you and others do the same as us. It’s the new Covid etiquette of deciding whether to move to the side and look away or wait for those coming towards you to do the same. No damage done.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Nothing to do with Government brainwashing thanks. I used to live in Asia where they just get on with it when fighting virus spread as these things are more common out there. They don’t whinge about their rights. As I said elsewhere it’s all about the social interaction, not the sledging. People didn’t need to take their kids to this mass gathering. Could have gone somewhere quieter to enjoy the snow just like we have these past few weeks. We don’t go into town or to the local dam with the masses. Plenty of quieter alternatives.You are getting indignant over nothing as all it takes is better decision making and thinking of others.

You are so astonishingly out of touch with reality, could have gone somewhere quieter? Have you been to many northern working class cities? They are hardly full of hilled beautiful parks at every corner like we are lucky to have down here. You’re right Sandra and her 3 kids should have walked 12 miles in -7 to a more empty park.

Comparing us to Asia :lolol: Thank f**k we do stand up for our rights over here, it was hardly a mass gathering, it was people queueing at the top of a hill to sledge down, anyone who’s ever been sledging can vouch for that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You are so astonishingly out of touch with reality, could have gone somewhere quieter? Have you been to many northern working class cities? They are hardly full of hilled beautiful parks at every corner like we are lucky to have down here. You’re right Sandra and her 3 year old should have walked 12 miles in -7 to a more empty park.

Comparing us to Asia :lolol: Thank f**k we do stand up for our rights over here, it was hardly a mass gathering, it was people queueing at the top of a hill to sledge down, anyone who’s ever been sledging can vouch for that.

Well, I live 30 minutes from the centres of Manchester and Liverpool so probably know a fair bit more than some resident of Sussex :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We move to the side of a path and face away, whether it’s walkers, runners or cyclists. Just basic courtesy until people are vaccinated. I’m surprised anyone could be offended or even think twice about us considering the lives of others. Just about everyone says thank you and others do the same as us. It’s the new Covid etiquette of deciding whether to move to the side and look away or wait for those coming towards you to do the same. No damage done.

Sure that’s common sense.

Running out the way isnt

I’m not offended, it’s just really really weird.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Don’t even get me started on paranoid pedestrians when I’m out running.........

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Usually use the supermarkets in the Worthing, Ferring and Rustington Areas but for a change we tried Tesco at Holmbush yesterday. As a 66 year old I have to say it was the most unsafe I’ve felt in any supermarket during the Pandemic. Far too many people, the aisles seemed packed, and choke points everywhere. Nobody seemed remotely bothered about distancing. I won’t be going there again in a hurry.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Even worse when his mates get older and suggestive to his Milf Mother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

That's f**king awful.

I see some of this in the kid's playgrounds, although I will say the majority of parents I speak to are more worried about the harm this is doing to our children's minds, probably once a week a parent will usher their child away from my 2 year old if he tries to play with them. It really pisses me off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's f**king awful.

I see some of this in the kid's playgrounds, although I will say the majority of parents I speak to are more worried about the harm this is doing to our children's minds, probably once a week a parent will usher their child away from my 2 year old if he tries to play with them. It really pisses me off.

Agreed.....it shocked me to be honest - he looked genuinely terrified. Poor kid. No danger, plenty of space, it’s just paranoia.....I see similar when I’m running. A few out there think it’s necessary either jump sideways or completely cover their faces (to be fair the majority just drift to the other side of the path like I do). I’ve taken to running in the road just to avoid people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here