[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In normal times there would be more people out as shops open and events like Farmers and Artisans markets happening.

The only problem areas in Shoreham in the current pandemic are the coffee van near Ricardos where loads gather and the newly formed Coronation Green Social Club.

Agree about that coffee van, whats th epoint of that, maybe gatherings by mud are safer than on block paving?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yet 74,000 deaths in France, 86,000 in Italy (lower pop’n than the UK). Countries praised in the UK for curfews and the military enforcing lockdowns. Italy went for months with a doctor’s letter being required to leave your home. The nationals don’t consider it a success, Macron has the lowest popularity ratings, regional governments oppose him over closed businesses, 55% of French people say they’ll refuse a vaccination as they don’t trust the government.

New Zealand, loved in our media this week, 25 deaths.

Should we really look to France as the example to follow?

There are so many factors at play - weather, population density, living conditions, family size, religion and culture - I would say a true comparison is impossible at this stage. It will require complex statistical analysis some years down the line.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Expect to see an increase in cases in Florida and other states from the many SuperBowl superspreader parties tonight as fans ignore the rules

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Covidiots? M&S in Worthing.

Not only have they refused to close the non-essential areas of the store (and WSCC told me that the detailed rules and guidance regarding the closure of non-essentials, as sent to me by the Cabinet Office, is not actually legally enforceable), they are now having a clothes sale attracting even more shoppers.

Not only is there an increased risk because of the numbers of people going into the store they are profiteering from covid as all their competitors in town have closed. If you want to buy new clothes or shoes, greetings cards, cosmetics, perfumes etc then M&S is open for business as usual.

(Oh, and they seem to have quite a number of staff wandering about that have invested their £1.99 to buy their "I'm Exempt" lanyards from Amazon.)

Meanwhile, our business is being hounded by HSE doing a covid spot check. There are 3 of us still working, each of us on a different floor. WFH staff and clients are not allowed in the building. As if there wasn't enough grief, aggravation and upset to go around, the HSE is now adding to it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Me, with my children, and no-one else in sight,about 50m from my house...

Fair enough, no problem with people doing so in close proximity to their homes following social distancing and ina covid secure manner but read the article and there were literally hundreds on the same hill, completely disregarding the law of lockdown and the spirit of lockdown as well.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think the thing I've hated most about the last year is the ever growing citizen militia. People who feel they have the right to criticise others for actions taken, when you realistically know absolutely nothing about people's circumstances. You don't know whether a child in a group has a behavioral issue which led to the parent(s) needing to take away from home for any period of time, for example.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Fair enough, no problem with people doing so in close proximity to their homes following social distancing and ina covid secure manner but read the article and there were literally hundreds on the same hill, completely disregarding the law of lockdown and the spirit of lockdown as well.

We had weeks and ****ing months of people being in close proximity outside last summer. No spike.
Outside isn't a problem. Inside is. It's pretty ****ing simple.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think the thing I've hated most about the last year is the ever growing citizen militia. People who feel they have the right to criticise others for actions taken, when you realistically know absolutely nothing about people's circumstances. You don't know whether a child in a group has a behavioral issue which led to the parent(s) needing to take away from home for any period of time, for example.

Said the same earlier in the thread, it’s pathetic.

What kind of idiots go sledging during lockdown?

What about idiots that have cooped up children who are suffering and need to get out the house for a bit of fun, can’t even take your children to a park now without being called a covidiot, people are despicably judgmental it’s really brought out the worst in humanity.

Oh and by the way I’m in my twenties and I’d have been out sledging in the snow if we’d had as much as some places up north, stick that up your pipe and smoke it :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Their circumstances are less important than the risk of killing others through spreading the virus. I’m sick of people’s ‘rights.’ Its my ‘right’ not to catch the virus from some idiot. In Asian countries people take their community responsibility seriously and sure enough they do a better job in controlling the virus. Over here people worry about a ‘citizens militia.’ Sorry I don’t mean to have a go, but we are in a global pandemic.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Said the same earlier in the thread, it’s pathetic.

What kind of idiots go sledging during lockdown?

What about idiots that have cooped up children who are suffering and need to get out the house for a bit of fun, can’t even take your children to a park now without being called a covidiot, people are despicably judgmental it’s really brought out the worst in humanity.

Oh and by the way I’m in my twenties and I’d have been out sledging in the snow if we’d had as much as some places up north, stick that up your pipe and smoke it :lolol:

Given all the covidiots around, the cases are collapsing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm I allowed to carry on telling people that stand directly behind me in queues to back the **** off?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

I'm with you. This is a deadly serious pandemic and everyone needs to do their bit but the sanctimonious nature of some people who have no idea what other people are going through or what their individual circumstances are is hugely irritating.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
New variants since the Summer= Big increase in transmission
Covid is a respiratory virus and they transmit more in the winter months

They transmit more during winter months because people spend more time indoors, it’s been thoroughly researched that COVID particles outside in open air don’t hang around long enough to infect anyone, doesn’t matter if a new variant is more infectious or not.

If covid really spread outdoors can you imagine the massive spikes we’d have seen in late spring and summer when there tens of thousands on the streets protesting or on the beach? Never happened, because viruses don’t spread outdoors. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports